This Is A Relief | The Boneyard

This Is A Relief

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Remember Geno's minor violation with Mone'?

"Three years later, it looks Geno Auriemma might have some work to do to lure Davis to the women’s basketball superpower.

“I still watch them play and still watch all the highlights, but I don’t know if I fit that playing style,” she told MLB.com. “I have a different playing style, an old-school playing style. I like to slow things down if the team’s on the run, get the ball moving a little bit.”

Does that mean she likes to dribble around while other people move around? Tennessee anyone?

http://nypost.com/2017/08/02/mone-davis-life-after-being-a-little-league-sensation/

Reaction Score

"Three years later, it looks Geno Auriemma might have some work to do to lure Davis to the women’s basketball superpower.

“I still watch them play and still watch all the highlights, but I don’t know if I fit that playing style,” she told MLB.com. “I have a different playing style, an old-school playing style. I like to slow things down if the team’s on the run, get the ball moving a little bit.”

Does that mean she likes to dribble around while other people move around? Tennessee anyone?

http://nypost.com/2017/08/02/mone-davis-life-after-being-a-little-league-sensation/

Translation:

"I have no chance in hell of getting an offer from UConn or any other high level DI program so now I am looking at low level DI and high level DII schools".

Reaction Score

The Big time notoriety came when a Big time ADULT entered the fray and made a phone call.
a 13/14 year old kid--probably over whelmed by the attention-saw what Uconn Women always do and wanted to be part of that winning team.
Reality set in at the really advanced age of 16--and she is seeing life for what it is.
If that has any negative tone to it --I certainly don't see it.
If she were to play in my area --I 'd go see her play. The kid, a girl no less, has done what many before her have never done.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wish her the best. I have no idea how good she is or where she will fit in with a college team. I hope we keep in mind that the kid is only 14 or so, and therefore, any comments she makes should be viewed in that context. Maybe she does realize she's not good enough to play for an elite program. But if she really does like the halfcourt "slow down" type of offense, Villanova would be a good match for her.

I did read her comments to be less along the lines of "I like to run a slow offense" and more along the lines of "if our opponent is playing fast, I like to slow them down and control the tempo". Either way, best of luck to her! I hope she's a smashing success wherever she goes... She may end up playing softball in college...

Reaction Score
Sounds like she's figuring things out, which is a whole lot better than not figuring things out. If she can come to these conclusions at this young age, she's ahead of the game. Whatever game it may be.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have no problems with Mone', just the adults around her, in and out of media, and the unrealistic fan zeal they engendered, including here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom