This is a good team!!!!!! | The Boneyard

This is a good team!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Bill Simmons' Ewing theory applies here? I kid, I kid...

Reaction Score
Watching Whaley dominate defensively in the second half I thought, why do opposing coaches allow the guy Whaley is guarding to set ball screens? It makes no sense. I know teams are trying to just run their sets with the big setting screens forthe ballhandlers but I think that’s going to stop soon.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It’s a valid point. I agree.
There’s nothing valid about it. Of course losing our superstar player forces other guys to step up, which can be a positive thing for us.

But there is no basis for saying we would’ve played worse with the guy who is in the player of the year discussion and is capable of dropping 40.

Reaction Score
I actually think we played better today than we would have with him. It forced other guys to step up instead of waiting for the star to make plays before the shot clock runs out.
We are definitely playing our best basketball the past 3 halfs. And most of that has been without Bouk. There was also a brief moment in the Marquette game when Bouk came back in and the team appeared to stand and watch. So your comment makes some sense. It just seems like the least of our worries. Bouk will come back and the offense will be fine. The coaches will figure it out.

Reaction Score
I demand a ranking!!!
Think it will be a while longer and that much longer with a loss along the way. UConn's schedule has been very weak. They also were taking off huge chunks of time between games (unlucky or stupid). And, UConn has been out of the sports world's stream of consciousness due to their "valiant" willingness to be one of only three FBS programs to decline to participate in college football. Their decision was not viewed as taking a stand against Covid and the protection of student athletes but rather subjected UConn to national ridicule. And then, there was no mention of UConn in the sporting world. The result? UConn will have to rebuild it's reputation - make people remember that they have won 4 national championships.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Think it will be a while longer and that much longer with a loss along the way. UConn's schedule has been very weak. They also were taking off huge chunks of time between games (unlucky or stupid). And, UConn has been out of the sports world's stream of consciousness due to their "valiant" willingness to be one of only three FBS programs to decline to participate in college football. Their decision was not viewed as taking a stand against Covid and the protection of student athletes but rather subjected UConn to national ridicule. And then, there was no mention of UConn in the sporting world. The result? UConn will have to rebuild it's reputation - make people remember that they have won 4 national championships.
Handle/Post

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Think it will be a while longer and that much longer with a loss along the way. UConn's schedule has been very weak. ..They also were taking off huge chunks of time between games (unlucky or stupid)...And, UConn has been out of the sports world's stream of consciousness due to their "valiant" willingness to be one of only three FBS programs to decline to participate in college football. Their decision was not viewed as taking a stand against Covid and the protection of student athletes but rather subjected UConn to national ridicule. And then, there was no mention of UConn in the sporting world. The result? UConn will have to rebuild it's reputation - make people remember that they have won 4 national championships.
Wait, what? CBS has us in the Top 25 citing our record. That's not weak. And their taking time off due to COVID wasn't stupid. And I haven't read any national ridicule about football (national praise, yes), the only ridicule I've seen is from "fans" on the Boneyard, With friends like these....

Reaction Score
Wait, what? CBS has us in the Top 25 citing our record. That's not weak. And their taking time off due to COVID wasn't stupid. And I haven't read any national ridicule about football (national praise, yes), the only ridicule I've seen is from "fans" on the Boneyard, With friends like these....
"Citing our record"? WHO have they played? Really? As for football back in August, ESPN had a field day ridiculing UConn football up to the point of saying they were not playing because the program was so weak. Once the season began, nobody spoke of UConn at all.

Reaction Score
Disagree, most metrics have us in the top 25-30 best teams in the country and we’ve had 2 quad 1 wins in our first 7 games and we took a top 10 team to the wire. The national media is starting to recognize that UConn is back and a ranking is right around the corner!

Reaction Score
Nobody and I mean nobody involved in college basketball and who is involved with ranking teams cares at all about UConn football. What a ridiculous take.

To think that is the case and to think UConn football keeps UConn in the sports world's stream of consciousness is as delusional as it gets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom