This is A Big Problem | The Boneyard

This is A Big Problem

Reaction Score
Aside from the fact we don’t shoot well, we have 4 small guards defending big opposition players. Jalen is what 6,2”? He’s our tallest and he plays along with one other but Vital, Anderson and certainly Gilbert are essentially children height wise out there. Not only that, when we go 3 and 4 guards they are up against 6’6 Tyler Phommachanh 6’10 players especially when switching. I understand we have no good bigs to substitute but still.

Reaction Score
Whaley, and the others aren't going to get better sitting on the bench. Just let them play even with their deficiencies.

Why the hell did you recruit them?

Reaction Score
Whaley, and the others aren't going to get better sitting on the bench. Just let them play even with their deficiencies.

Why the hell did you recruit them?
All for that, but Whaley might be the rawest player i’ve ever seen in a huskies jersey. He’s athletic and an energizer bunny, but really does not know how to play basketball at this point. Gotta teach him some fundamentals before we give him major minutes 6 games into the season.

Reaction Score
I don’t think our bigs are that bad. Carlton is raw but he plays hard. When he’s the only one fighting for a rebound when everyone else is just sitting back watching. Diarra was playing the 5 and isn’t a 5. Williams came in and was playing very hard. DO is what he is a rebounder and sets good screens. We need these guys that want to go after rebounds for garbage points.

Larrier wants no part of mixing it up inside. We can’t go three guards and Larrier. Sorry.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
All for that, but Whaley might be the rawest player i’ve ever seen in a huskies jersey. He’s athletic and an energizer bunny, but really does not know how to play basketball at this point. Gotta teach him some fundamentals before we give him major minutes 6 games into the season.
Whaley and Carlton have to play. We know that Onourah isn't giving us anything against a good front line. Getting Cobb back might help, but I wasn't overwhelmed with what I saw from him when he did play. Diarra and Williams both have athleticism and otherwise not a clue on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom