This has to be said! | The Boneyard

This has to be said!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I saw the 95% of the first half. Five plays tells the story. Everything else was pretty even, but:

1) strip sack fumble returned for TD
2) UConn - two long passes missed to wide open receivers
3) Fresno - two long passes completed to wide open receivers

21-0.

Reaction Score
I'll admit I watched until the strip of our QB got returned for the TD. It felt like this:
Game Over 80S GIF

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
At 21-0 I went out and mowed my lawn. I couldn't justify wasting anymore time on that s***show.

Reaction Score
Anyone who was surprised by this was just fooling themselves. I’m not even sure this game is indicative of all that much. We didn’t play for two years, playing a veteran team, 3,000 miles away in 120 degree temperature.

What I saw was an improved defense and QBs who need a lot of work. Our special teams are pretty good.

Holy Cross is next and we’ll win that one. Folks should calm down……good lord!

Reaction Score
Anyone who was surprised by this was just fooling themselves. I’m not even sure this game is indicative of all that much. We didn’t play for two years, playing a veteran team, 3,000 miles away in 120 degree temperature.

What I saw was an improved defense and QBs who need a lot of work. Our special teams are pretty good.

Save the spin. Most of us weren't fooled. Perhaps David Benedict and Randy Edsall were though. They were the ones who told us we would see a difference in the team this year.

Reaction Score

Sounds like excuses to me.

Reaction Score

Oh really? We have over a year to prepare and couldn't score a single point. Expecting a touchdown is apparently too much to ask for? This isn't 1950s football. Everyone is scoring points.

Reaction Score
Had a great day guys. Watched college football again. Saw a great band this evening. Look, if you want to be miserable and hope for Edsall and Benedict to be fired, knock yourselves out.

Holy Cross is next. I’ll look forward to that one.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Had a great day guys. Watched college football again. Saw a great band this evening. Look, if you want to be miserable and hope for Edsall and Benedict to be fired, knock yourselves out.

Holy Cross is next. I’ll look forward to that one.

Some people follow sports and hope their team wins. Go figure.

Any good commericals during the game we should reflect on?

Reaction Score
Lose to Holy Cross and BC will fans will never let us forget. New England's "file cabinet" will become New England's "dumpster".

Reaction Score
I saw the 95% of the first half. Five plays tells the story. Everything else was pretty even, but:

1) strip sack fumble returned for TD
2) UConn - two long passes missed to wide open receivers
3) Fresno - two long passes completed to wide open receivers

21-0.
This program continues to play like a never-ending Madden glitch.

Reaction Score
Zirgiotis needs to be holding A clipboard on Saturday. Doesn’t matter who the replacement event is. He missed open guys, threw for 60 yards. In a college game in 2021. That in and of itself is just impossible. I think it needs to be Krejewski or even the true freshman. Cannot have another game where the quarterback plays Like th that.

Reaction Score
Lose to Holy Cross and BC will fans will never let us forget. New England's "file cabinet" will become New England's "dumpster".
The Holy Cross game should be very competitive and entertaining. I think UConn wins this one 24-17. It should be a fun day at the Rent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom