This guy is a defensive coach? | The Boneyard

This guy is a defensive coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Joke. That bend don't break crap gave their freshman QB all day to throw. He picked us apart. My only wish is why we can't have a QB like that vs. a FB pretending to be a QB?

Because every team that plays UConn knows to pressure the QB.

Reaction Score
Walsh and JR Joseph (11 ?) always get sucked in to moving the way the OLine wants them too, awful never around to make plays in the flat. I could care less about how many tackles they end up being part of it's never a bg one I can tell you that. I mean that 3rd and long in which Jr watched the floater/prayer come down like a rainbow because he quit on the play was disgusting. And as said above, the dbacks might as well just stay home, always so much space between them and the receivers, especially in the flat, it's ridiculous. And the coach should be shot for allowing a LBer (FlState kid 12 Levesberry?) to be one on one with their fastest kid for a TD - where's the safety? Not in sight that's for sure.

On and on, it's really tough to watch.

Reaction Score
Diaco should realize by now that his "philosophy" simply isn't working. Can't blame it exclusively on "not having enough talent." Either be more aggressive, or be out of the job by December. Buyout or not, Benedict would be foolish to expect anything different next year if he can't adapt his philosophy appropriately.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Bend but don't break only works if you don't break and you score enough points to capitalize on holding teams to FGs. We don't do enough of either. The score at the end of 1H was a killer. Let them drive down the field (after the 3rd and long personal foul we gave them) and then score . Unacceptable.

Reaction Score
We have been near the bottom of the FBS in sacks and tackles for loss since Diaco has been here. Does anyone know if the number of blitzes by college football teams are tracked? I'd be curious to see that stat for our team.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We have been near the bottom of the FBS in sacks and tackles for loss since Diaco has been here. Does anyone know if the number of blitzes by college football teams are tracked? I'd be curious to see that stat for our team.

The person responsible for tracking that stat for UConn falls asleep midway through the first quarter of each game, because there's nothing to record and it gets really boring sitting there waiting to see something that's not going to happen.

Reaction Score
Defense is my real concern. I can excuse the offense because there is only one play maker on offense (Thomas). But this defense has regressed from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom