This game reminded me of 08@indiana | The Boneyard

This game reminded me of 08@indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This sweat that you see wasn't the game. The sweat was me hugging every single one of those kids. Quite frankly, they deserved more than a hug from me. They deserve a hug from the state of Connecticut. They deserve a hug from the university. They deserve a hug from our fans. ...

Reaction Score
That Indiana win was one of my top 5 favorite regular season wins of all time. Not sure I would rank this one in that category, but definitely a very special "us against the world" type road win. Unbelievable effort from everybody. Loved it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
This sweat that you see wasn't the game. The sweat was me hugging every single one of those kids. Quite frankly, they deserved more than a hug from me. They deserve a hug from the state of Connecticut. They deserve a hug from the university. They deserve a hug from our fans. ...
Think you meant to post this on the Duke board.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I would say my favorite all time regular season win on the road was during Emeka's and Ben's freshman year with Caron, at Arizona. As I recall Mek had nearly a triple double that game and they gutted out a win in OT. That is the game that Emeka seemed to turn the corner to become the great player he was. This Florida win was similar in that Amida seems to have turned that corner similar to Mek, but at a smaller scale. He still has a lot to work on, but I think we will be seeing a different Amida from here on out. He was a force to be reckoned with.

Reaction Score
UConn_Top_Dog said:
I As I recall Mek had nearly a triple double that game and they gutted out a win in OT..

He actually did, just didn't get credit for it. I remember I rewatched the game to have a look and he had 12 clear blocks. They gave him credit for nine.

Our home statisticians then were probably told to make up for it. They once gave him a block when he challenged a three-point shot that hit the rim. The announcers were incredulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom