This defense is atrocious. | The Boneyard

This defense is atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is it that they can allow a qb that had his job in jeopardy less than 2 weeks ago throw for over 400 yards? Not to mention he didn't have his best weapon.. If Graham didn't get hurt it would have looked like west Va all over again.. At this rate cincy will slaughter uconn.

Reaction Score
How is it that they can allow a qb that had his job in jeopardy less than 2 weeks ago throw for over 400 yards? Not to mention he didn't have his best weapon.. If Graham didn't get hurt it would have looked like west Va all over again.. At this rate cincy will slaughter uconn.

I think Skiblets said it in an earlier post. SCHEME SCHEME SCHEME. Obviously, players have to make plays, and we need a talent upgrade. That's part of the problem. To me, the bigger problem is fundamental design flaws in the defensive scheme. The types of blown coverages every team experiences once, and on occasion twice, in a game every couple weeks-we do that every single week. Our players simply aren't that poor athletically relative to our opposition. This thorough domination of our defense is a function of a fundamentally unsound scheme, more than anything else.

Reaction Score
That is true but what I saw tonight and in the west Va game was players looking for the "kill shot" and not wrapping up which allows the ball carrier to keep on running. The coaches can only do soo much and by now these players should know how to bring their arms and wrap up. Screw the big hits and make the damn tackle. Hell I'd take masuks offense against this defense 99% of the time.

Reaction Score
At times, the defense is pretty good but lets be honest, they have too many breakdowns and seem to be very weak in many areas (pass defense, cornerback play, etc.). They really look like a 1-AA defense. Cornerbacks play too far off the receivers so after the WR makes his cut, he is open by 5 yds; players look slow in getting to the ball; tackling is atrocious and quite frankly, embarrassing at times. In addition, players seem to be going for the turnover when they should be tackling; conversely, when an offensive player is tied up already, secondary tacklers are not going for the ball. I'm sure alot of this needs to be be put on the DC but basic fundamentals need to be emphasized.

Even my 10 yr old daughter who doesn't understand or watch football turned to me at one point and said " the huskies dont know how to tackle that good, they should practice that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom