This Day is for You | The Boneyard

This Day is for You

Reaction Score
Casual Fans enjoy your day and First Night. Chief won’t be inside Gampel but Chief hopes you all have a great time.
"Casual fans" versus "superfan program insiders and gurus"? I guess those of us not going tonight are in the semi casual fan category, hoping one day to be casual of course.

Reaction Score
Chief: ok guys y’all have fun at first night. I won’t be attending. But seriously have fun.

BY: Thanks Tom.

Chief: but my name’s Ch—...

BY: IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!! The only thing that matters is the fact that 10 thousand stong BYers will be on their feet representing the millions (and millions) of Hurley fans while you stay at home eating your pudding pops on the couch! Today marks the beginning of a new era! Have fun watching at home. The rest of us “casual fans” will be sucking back Steve-weisers and watch their Huskies once again, prove to all the haters... we’re coming after the title. Tick-Tock.

C

Chief00

Chief: ok guys y’all have fun at first night. I won’t be attending. But seriously have fun.

BY: Thanks Tom.

Chief: but my name’s Ch—...

BY: IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!! The only thing that matters is the fact that 10 thousand stong BYers will be on their feet representing the millions (and millions) of Hurley fans while you stay at home eating your pudding pops on the couch! Today marks the beginning of a new era! Have fun watching at home. The rest of us “casual fans” will be sucking back Steve-weisers and watch their Huskies once again, prove to all the haters... we’re coming after the title. Tick-Tock.

Quite frankly, this time of year,my preference is watching a competitive practice by a long shot.
I can’t believe how so many have been so damaged that they just don’t accept the well wishes for what it is - and say thanks. Who brought you dudes up?

C

Chief00

Ironically, you seem more obsessed with First Night than most.

Chief can think outside of himself - which so many can’t do today. Just because it’s not Chief’s thing doesn’t mean Chief can’t appreciate that others enjoy it - and Chief is all for happiness and getting as many Casual Fans involved with UConn MBB as possible.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sadly, I have a conflict. I know First Night will be streamed, but will it be available on demand after the fact?

IMO, being at First Night is geared for students and recruits. I went my senior year ('98-'99). I believe it was the first Midnight Madness and it was kind of boring. There is almost no reason (other than children) for 30+ somethings to be at 1st night.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'm going casually say sometimes Chief you come off as a real jerk. Give it a rest with the casual fan bs. Also, every school has some version of first night to get the fans excited. I know you're just Chief being Chief but knock it off with your endless first night rant. Chief, be your best Chief.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Chief can think outside of himself - which so many can’t do today. Just because it’s not Chief’s thing doesn’t mean Chief can’t appreciate that others enjoy it - and Chief is all for happiness and getting as many Casual Fans involved with UConn MBB as possible.
Chiefin' ain"t easy. Been writing this for a while. I think you have seen an increase in fans since.

Sadly humans are born with an instinct to chate. I am powerless against them.

C

Chief00

I'm going casually say sometimes Chief you come off as a real jerk. Give it a rest with the casual fan bs. Also, every school has some version of first night to get the fans excited. I know you're just Chief being Chief but knock it off with your endless first night rant. Chief, be your best Chief.

Chief is just trying to understand how my original post, wishing Casual Fans well attending First Night, is even remotely considered a “Rant”?
Not a criticism, Chief is just trying to understand your thought or emotional process.

Reaction Score
Chief is just trying to understand how my original post, wishing Casual Fans well attending First Night, is even remotely considered a “Rant”?
Not a criticism, Chief is just trying to understand your thought or emotional process.

Just busting ur balls Chief. I have no offense.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
"Casual fans" versus "superfan program insiders and gurus"? I guess those of us not going tonight are in the semi casual fan category, hoping one day to be casual of course.

If you're not going, you're either an insider or not a fan at all.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Did somebody bet Chief that Chief couldn't refer to Chief in the third person four times in the span of a two-sentence Chief post?

Reaction Score
This is a huge first night! Hurley makes his Gampel Pavilion debut! Expect a solid turnout from UConn Nation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom