This Date In UConn History: The Huskies crush Old Dominion in the 2002 Elite 8 | The Boneyard

This Date In UConn History: The Huskies crush Old Dominion in the 2002 Elite 8

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We made our first 13 shots, but also made some turnovers, played mediocre defense, and let ODU play us even for the last 30 minutes.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What a fabulous game
Sue, Di, Asjha et al just raining down shots.
Running the Ole D kids off the floor.
Ball moving at the speed of light.

I never saw it before; a great tonic for these difficult days.

Reaction Score
Have been watching this and the many other playoff games that have been on Facebook, TV and other media. Two thoughts: I cant think of another sport where there has been so much dominance over so much time. The other is that through the years, UConn never was physically pushed around. UConn may not have been the tallest or biggest, but was typically physically up to any challenge. Looking forward to our recruits returning to this level of performance.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A good game during a very nice undefeated run. Old Dominion had not quite given up their status as a top WCBB program.
The Huskies later in the 2002 tournament played quite well in the semifinal game against Tennessee. However, I have always felt that their best game was against Oklahoma in the final when they managed to win despite pedestrian performances from their heralded backcourt. That game was closer than it should have been.

Reaction Score
ODU HC Wendy Larry after-game presser: "Sue's passing was phenomenal. Her voice was louder than anyone's bar none. We'll miss her. Thank God for the WNBA so she can play on the next level. Connecticut's first 20 minutes was some of the best basketball I've ever witnessed."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom