This could go downhill really fast... | The Boneyard

This could go downhill really fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
....OK, I'm going for the reverse psychology here. The things to be concerned with:

1. Coach is clearly calling out his players, notably Omar. Not good.
2. Have scored a total of 98 points in our last two home games.....yikes
3. Chemistry appears to be an issue, as well as lack of leadership on the court. Ryan is trying, but let's face it...he's not Kemba or Shabazz (who were both obviously very special).
4. Team rules broken...who knows what it was, but hopefully not symptomatic of what might be going on.
5. Lack of talent...as has been mentioned, the NC hasn't really translated into much yet, and we've whiffed on a LOT of recruits when we all thought for sure that KO walks on water when he enters a recruit's house. Who wouldn't want to play for him? Apparently, 95% of the recruits he's gone after (and yes, I understand nobody gets everybody they want except Calamari)
6. Did I mention the conference, and no way out in sight??
7. Where does this team go from here? I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions tonight because they thought they out-talented Yale. What's gonna happen when they play real competition?
8. If JC was still coach, you know they would be practicing right now. Does KO have the right stuff to find what drives this team? I hope so, because there is not much room for error.
9. Why do we always suck coming off an NC?? I get we lost a lot from last year's team, but we look bereft of high-Division 1 talent. How does that happen??

It's still early, and I've by NO means given up. But I'm really concerned about where the spark comes from and how quickly the halo of the NC lasts for vis-à-vis recruiting. Someone help me off the ledge, please.

Reaction Score
The halo you speak of only lasts for the sledteam until the next world title holder is determined.

The halo times four has not really been a factor in recruiting due to the snowbelt locale, tough sledding on the academic side of the ledger and the bloodiest of the blue bloods blue collar work ethic needed for success by sleddogs.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
....OK, I'm going for the reverse psychology here. The things to be concerned with:

1. Coach is clearly calling out his players, notably Omar. Not good.
2. Have scored a total of 98 points in our last two home games.....yikes
3. Chemistry appears to be an issue, as well as lack of leadership on the court. Ryan is trying, but let's face it...he's not Kemba or Shabazz (who were both obviously very special).
4. Team rules broken...who knows what it was, but hopefully not symptomatic of what might be going on.
5. Lack of talent...as has been mentioned, the NC hasn't really translated into much yet, and we've whiffed on a LOT of recruits when we all thought for sure that KO walks on water when he enters a recruit's house. Who wouldn't want to play for him? Apparently, 95% of the recruits he's gone after (and yes, I understand nobody gets everybody they want except Calamari)
6. Did I mention the conference, and no way out in sight??
7. Where does this team go from here? I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions tonight because they thought they out-talented Yale. What's gonna happen when they play real competition?
8. If JC was still coach, you know they would be practicing right now. Does KO have the right stuff to find what drives this team? I hope so, because there is not much room for error.
9. Why do we always suck coming off an NC?? I get we lost a lot from last year's team, but we look bereft of high-Division 1 talent. How does that happen??

It's still early, and I've by NO means given up. But I'm really concerned about where the spark comes from and how quickly the halo of the NC lasts for vis-à-vis recruiting. Someone help me off the ledge, please.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but...Welcome to the Mid-Majors, AAC is going to drag our athletic program down to the new lows that we are not accustom to. What top recruit in any sport would want to play for a Mid-Major program. We need to get to a P-5 conference soon or this is going to be the new norm.

The AAC annual pay-out isn't even not enough to pay the football coaching staff, let along the whole UConn athletic program.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but...Welcome to the Mid-Majors, AAC is going to drag our athletic program down to the new lows that we are not accustom to. What top recruit in any sport would want to play for a Mid-Major program. We need to get to a P-5 conference soon or this is going to be the new norm.

The AAC annual pay-out isn't even not enough to pay the football coaching staff, let along the whole UConn athletic program.
Couldn't agree more. Let's see...............an uncompetitive, scattered league yields marginal talent coupled with an eroding, apathetic fan base. Fantastic! That does wonders for an athletic department. Sadly, I see it in myself. A loss like last night would typically eat at me the rest of the weekend. Instead, I sort of laughed in a similar way a nervous person would in an interview. It wasn't funny but I didn't know what else to do. Its not that we lost to Yale or how we lost to Yale or who was on the court with 3 seconds to go..................this is about the UConn brand, our national reputation, our national perception and how the longer we are in the AAC the unbelievable foundation built over the past 30 years will quickly, not slowly, get chipped away. Could it be that our ceiling will be what it was in the Old Yankee Days and our floor will be a pretty amazing 30 for 30 film on how dominant this 16 year run was. Sad, simply sad. We lost to the second best team in the Ivy League at Gampel. Lol; sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom