This conference realignment is making me Bipolar! | The Boneyard

This conference realignment is making me Bipolar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
One minute I am thinking that UConn athletics is on it's death bed. 30 minutes later I think that UConn is in a perfect situation and this is a great thing! Then, 30 minutes later I read some article online about Notre Dame/PSU/etc joing the ACC and leaving UConn on it's death bed again. Then 30 minutes later....and so on, and so on....

I don't know if I can take this much longer.

All I know is that if Herbst gets us out of this better than when we got in, she deserves a huge raise, a lifetime contract, and a statue on campus!

Reaction Score
If it gives you comfort or makes you feel better, it ain't just you USG.
edit - I do genuinely believe we'll land okay, it just the confidence in that changes by the hour.

Reaction Score
Is it me, or am I the only one with a Plan B (second fiddle complex) depending on what we read? I live in Raleigh and would love to to see games versus the local ACC teams, but I am for anywhere AQ that will save us from standing alone at the altar.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I think that the ACC folks are getting a big kick out of seeing UConn, the nat'l champs in hoops, twisting in the wind right now. They're a pretty snooty bunch.

I hate that we need to go to that league...

Reaction Score
I do feel for the college students. While in Storrs, regional rivalries were what made it that much more exciting. ----How are the going to afford away travel games and this limits away teams from traveling strong and adds to home field advantage no matter how you slice it.

Reaction Score
I think that the ACC folks are getting a big kick out of seeing UConn, the nat'l champs in hoops, twisting in the wind right now. They're a pretty snooty bunch.

I hate that we need to go to that league...

You have to remember, we message board freaks are a very small percentage of sports fans. The average ACC fan isn't spending much time worrying about us, further the majority on the street welcome us. Message board fans like to say controversial things and make you squirm by saying they don't want us. They know we are a big brand with value to the ACC. The majority of the fans squawking are are bball fans who fear us. When UCONN comes to town, you have to see how your team stacks up and face reality. I feel that same insecurity. If we have to play Duke, Pitt, Cuse andUNC all the time, that will be challenging. Some fans prefer to win than to play the best. That's why fans love when their team gets an easy draw in the NCAA's. We don't truly want to beat the best, we just want to be the last one standing. As a Duke fan for instance, you just went from having one grueling conference foe to 3 and with UCONN it would be four. Thats 4x as many possible losses. Dukies could pretty much chaulk up a win on every game on the schedule except UNC. That adds some fan stress for those that like to win.

Reaction Score
I do feel for the college students. While in Storrs, regional rivalries were what made it that much more exciting. ----How are the going to afford away travel games and this limits away teams from traveling strong and adds to home field advantage no matter how you slice it.

What about the student athletes all over the country who are not going to have the situation they signed up for? What about the recruits who can't make rational decisions in an unstable market? Apparently, the University Presidents don't give a damn about any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom