This conference has been helpful | The Boneyard

This conference has been helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have noticed one key factor to this conference this year and this may not be true in the future....having five very weak teams allows Uconn and the other four to give players that normally would not see many minutes during conference play some good minutes, so when it is time to play the big boys having facey and samuels out there it is not a huge weakness, in fact they both look solid. Last year, that would not be the case. They play at top 25 team every other game and the in between games they need to build that lead so that these guys can continue to give depth.

Reaction Score
Obviously we all prefer to be in the B1G (and we will be soon), but you can't deny that being in a weak conference like Memphis was actually elevated that program. Like the OP said I enjoy beating teams by 30 and then playing a top 25 team next.

Reaction Score
Shabazz shared his feelings on the bottom 5 of the AAC after the Memphis win and it was classic Bazz:

"I definitely enjoy it," Napier said. "I kinda hate playing against teams we're just going to demolish. I really do. I think I play bad in those games because I don't even want to play. But I understand that these games right here are much-needed and I think we did what we had to do to win this game."

http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article...asketball-at-5239052.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile

Reaction Score
while I'm not a fan of so many bad teams in the bottom 5, I always felt the DePaul games in the BE were beneficial in that they got certain guys going. I remember in the '10-11 season Lamb got going in both games and they fueled both his stretches of the season where he played well, the first being when he stepped up as a 2nd offensive option alongside Kemba for the early part of the BE season, and the 2nd phase where he played well from the BET on through the NCAAT. Getting a blowout against the bum teams allows the role players/younger players an opportunity to start feeling good about themselves.

Reaction Score
while I'm not a fan of so many bad teams in the bottom 5, I always felt the DePaul games in the BE were beneficial in that they got certain guys going. I remember in the '10-11 season Lamb got going in both games and they fueled both his stretches of the season where he played well, the first being when he stepped up as a 2nd offensive option alongside Kemba for the early part of the BE season, and the 2nd phase where he played well from the BET on through the NCAAT. Getting a blowout against the bum teams allows the role players/younger players an opportunity to start feeling good about themselves.
Good call. DePaul was a great first round Big East game in 2011. We had ended the regular schedule on a bad note and a confidence builder was just what we needed.
That team certainly had fate on its side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom