This Board needs some Positivity | The Boneyard

This Board needs some Positivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Screw all these awful losses this year. Let's reminisce.

What are your top 3 favorite non-championship game (Big East title or NCAA title) UConn games ever?

For me, in recent times...

UConn beats #1 Texas at Gampel. The far and away bright spot of a rather lackluster season. Gampel was off the decibel chart and we were absolutely on fire, and creamed then in the second half topped off by a storming of the court. Just a fun game all-around.

UConn beats Syracuse in OT in 2011 Big East Semis. I, for one, did not give us much of a chance in this game. It was our 4th game in 4 days, coming off a thrilling win against a nationally ranked top 3 team. I just didn't think we had enough left in the tank to repeat a performance like that the next day. Somehow we gutted it out to OT and finished a rival, and a very good team that year, off. Then beat another great team the next day, 5 games in as many days. Unreal, never seen anything like it.

UConn beats Michigan St. in the Elite 8 at our third home. It seemed like every TV analyst and their grandmother picked MSU to cut down the nets that year. We struggled offensively in the first half. Charles Barkley wrote us off. Everyone wrote us off every game. Yet the team that was torn a new one after losing by 33 to L'ville weeks earlier was headed to the Final Four. The reaction inside the Garden in the last seconds of that game was just special.

There are surely dozens to choose from. But these 3 stuck out immediately to me.

Hope you guys aren't too pissed to respond to this thread.

Reaction Score
I honestly think a large piece of the Boneyard pie have a genuine penchant for negativity. Look at the population difference between post-win vs post-loss. A lot of the idiots who show up would better serve as BC or RU fans.

Reaction Score
Apathy is the last thing we need right now

Reaction Score
Not my 3 favorite, necessarily, but consider this an ode to 2009, the last time we had a truly vintage UConn team. At this point I just hope it's not the last vintage UConn team we ever see.

#1 - Battle in Seattle -- a de facto road game against Top 10 Gonzaga. Game is back and forth, AJ Price hits an off-balance 3 to force OT. After Thabeet gets DQ'd for a bogus technical foul on the first play of OT (a rare forceful dunk), we go on the prevail.

#2 - We go into Louisville, a battle of Top 5 teams (they would ultimately be crowned #1 overall seed). We absolutely d***-punch them to the tune of a 20-point drubbing, in their house. The Yum Center was tasty for us that night.

#3 - Elite 8 against Missouri. Kemba's coming out party. His off-balance, fall-away, banked in floater sealed it. That game gave us a small glimpse of his unique individual talents and penchant in the clutch.

Now ___ off, that's all the positivity you're getting tonight.

Reaction Score
Random recent 3 that haven't been mentioned. Not necessarily top.

1) MSU in Germany. KO's first game and I'm pretty sure MSU was ranked at the time. Helped put my nerves at ease about the transition to KO and end of the BE.

2) Rodney coming alive to spank SMU at the end of the regular season last year.

3-5) Kemba winning Maui in 2011. Coming off a horrible season and losing essentially everyone, I'll admit I wasn't hopeful. In 3 days Kemba put my mind at ease. I'm not saying I saw a national championship run coming, but I knew we were in good hands.

Reaction Score
All good but let's try this one too:

Worst loss in most recent memory?:oops:

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Take this elsewhere after this recent meltdown at home...seriously

Reaction Score
o-CHARLOTTE-MCKINNEY-facebook.jpg

Reaction Score
1990 Big East Tournament semifinal win over Georgetown. That's the day that MSG started becoming our home court.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I prefer to drown in my sorrows, thinking about how we actually scored a hoop after a timeout

oh, the good ole days

Reaction Score
I prefer to drown in my sorrows, thinking about how we actually scored a hoop after a timeout

oh, the good ole days

Glad I'm not the only one. I just want to see... something.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'll go with three awesome games I was at...funny enough, after some thought, they're all against West Virginia.

1) 2010 - it was a close game at the XL, I remember we were up by a bucket with under a minute left and then Kemba jumped a passing lane and got a big dunk to put us up 4. Then in a timeout, Huggins erupted on the refs and received a double T, was thrown out of the game, and we hit 3 of 4 FTs to seal it.

2) 2012 regular season - don't remember much about this one other than Andre Drummond was awesome. Remember he had a steal and a breakaway dunk that was pretty nice. Think he had 20+ points and we won the game.

3) 2012 BET - I remember we were down 6 or 7 late in the game and Shabazz just willed us to victory. He had two huge steals late and forced OT, then he hit a big 3 in overtime to win it. That one pretty much sealed that we would make the NCAAT, and I was in the Garden for it. Awesome game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom