This board and love for WCBB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This board and love for WCBB

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I was with National Weather Service for 16 years...but resigned one week after my 16th anniversary because I had just burned out...and got a Master of Arts in Teaching, and now teach mathematics at a community college. The course I teach the most is Probability and Statistics.

My brother! I taught media effects (and hence, statistics) at the undergrad level in community college as well. I loved seeing my students grasp (some for the first time) math, and believe in themselves as they saw they could cut it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The mods need to limit you to one puppy picture a week!

In all seriousness, as a new member to the board, I have been following UConn for many years and had been only reading the BY for the past two years until this past November when I joined. I view this as a dialogue or conversation that you would be having at a cocktail party, so cordiality should be the norm, even if you disagree, you can disagree respectfully as virtually everyone here does. I certainly have had people give me their opposing opinion and do not take it "personally", my own observation that UC mentions is moving the dialogue forward- don't be lazy and ask questions that are easily found. Give you perspective and why you think that way for us to understand.

I also enjoy the banter like that I mention above with the puppies. I like making a note of how many times Triad posts puppies (btw who doesn't like puppies) as it has become my schtick with him. I hope if he is offended by the banter he will say something. Other than that, some quippy or pithy comments are fairly common and well received just remember to also add value now and then...

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks - I just went over there again and spent an enjoyable half hour. I still find the format with the threads having multiple sub-threads to be cumbersome to navigate, and determining which responses are just the post title and which actually have a little meat inside is annoying. But when you find it, there is some good meat. :)

Do you click on "show all thread"?

Hey Wire Chief and UCMiami:
As you could guess, McGraw's Bench is my home board (although I post here often) -- given that I'm an alum -- and I only recently found out about the "show all thread" as well. It helps immensely, particularly in the threads that have a lot of entries. My eyes still have an easier with the Boneyard's open style of layout, but I've gotten used to using the "show all thread" and the switch to colors of the headline once you read something helps with differentiation.

The week between the conference finals and the unveiling of the bracket has been an interesting one for McGraw's Bench and have tackled some issues you'll find both familiar and interesting.

At the end of the day, as UCMiami wrote in post, WBB fans have more in common than differences and that's kind of the mantra I follow being a denizen of both boards. State your case but keep and open mind and treat folks with dignity and respect. I've particularly enjoyed the posts on recruits (maybe not on where a few of them end up going :eek:;)), coaching, the Olympic/National teams and strategy/philosophies. Not to mention the songs and videos! As for the home teams, I am very well aware which teams the Boneyard and McGraw's Bench align with and keep that in mind. However, I think there is a growing amount of respect between the boards and posters that I admire and the new ones that make strong cases and offer fresh insights.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Do you click on "show all thread"?
1st, thank you for your efforts! I am a frequent visitor there and did know about the "show all" so while I agree with your assessment on their being respectful, insightful and knowledgeable albeit solely focused on their team all the time. Which given it being their thread, I get, just not as open to diverse discussion as BY!

Where I disagree with Wire Chief, I too find it clunky and more like singular points of emphasis, not cohesive thoughts due to the formatting. Why list the full list of dialogues vs. how BY or even VolNation does?

I will still monitor MCGraws Bench, not ask to join. Same with Vol Nation-only monitor as there are too many haters without effective monitoring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom