Third Down for What | The Boneyard

Third Down for What

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I heard a few students chanting it instead of that Rabid Dog, can we please get in touch with whoever made that choice and change it!

Reaction Score
I'm on board with that. That dog sound is horrible. 3rd down and I have my hands on my ears not making noise.
The question is, who the heck do we tell?

Reaction Score
The marketing department lost out on a great opportunity to engage fans by letting them vote between a handful of third down options. This could be handled over a few games just before kickoff by gauging crowd noise/applause for each option. They could also reach out to season ticket holders via e-mail and let them play some audio tracks and vote on options.

Reaction Score
Well it seems Butch Jones got the memo ...

Third Down For What

If you didn't go to UT's home opener against Utah State last week, you may be a little confused. And so was Utah State! The Aggies converted only three out of 14 attempts at third down on Sunday. Part of the reason for that could be a crowd and team electrified by a new Vol tradition.

The chant supports the defense and provides another distraction for the opposing players, and a new SEC rule made it possible.

Until this year, music had to stop playing in the stadium when the players broke the huddle. Now, stadiums can play any sound, recorded or from the band, until the center is over the ball.

"Immediately Coach Jones wanted to get an edge. He came to us, he said 'we need something for the players, the fans, for everybody for the game,'" said Jimmy Delaney, UT's assistant athletic director for sales and marketing.

Reaction Score
Who do we email about the awful dog barking noise. It is horrendous, and does nothing to motivate the crowd. It needs to be changed by next week!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The marketing department lost out on a great opportunity to engage fans by letting them vote between a handful of third down options. This could be handled over a few games just before kickoff by gauging crowd noise/applause for each option. They could also reach out to season ticket holders via e-mail and let them play some audio tracks and vote on options.
It got harder and harder to stand and make noise as the game went on as it was. The heat beat the stuffing out of me.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
CodyJ. said:
I'm on board with that. That dog sound is horrible. 3rd down and I have my hands on my ears not making noise. The question is, who the heck do we tell?

Same here. Everybody around us also with hands over ears. Worst sound clip ever. Makes "welcome to the Jungle". Seem suddenly new and refreshing.

With all that has to improve, it seems petty, but that snarling over-modulated static just sucks, and it seems to be an easier fix than the offense right now.

Reaction Score
Normally I'd b!tch and moan about multiple threads discussing the same topic.

However, in this instance, the more threads are posted maybe that idiot Enright will get wind of this and do something about it.

Bag this now and just revert to Welcome to the Jungle until you figure something out if need be. I swear to Christ if I hear this on Saturday I'm going to go nuts. And not in a good way.

Reaction Score
It got harder and harder to stand and make noise as the game went on as it was. The heat beat the stuffing out of me.

I was thinking they would play the three options one after another and the crowd would vote. It would only take 10 minutes at the front end of the game. Perhaps the one selected, is the one they play for that game. Fans get to try out elements of their game day experience.

(Hey, with regard to the heat, you got to experience how some fans felt when UConn played at UCF)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger