Thinking Outside the Box | The Boneyard

Thinking Outside the Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Does the sanction transfer rule apply during mid semester and when it's self imposed? Could we take a Louisville guy now for this tournament?

caw

Reaction Score
I think you meant outside the rules. Sadly the two fifth years will finish their careers with zero NCAA appearances. That said, it does bring up an interesting hypothetical for a player whose first semester is a spring semester and graduates in December. Must be a rule on that, but I don't know what it is.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is this new segment going to run concurrently with Chief's Briefs? Keep adding content like this and you could start a weekly podcast.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I doubt the NCAA ever considered this as a possibility but for it to work the student athlete would have needed to finish his degree at the end of the fall 2015 semester and then enrolled in his new school's graduate program at the start of the spring semester (most began their spring semesters ~ 2 weeks ago).

For it to work, among other things the player would most likely need to stop playing for his initial school once he completed finals in mid-late December.

There is no way the NCAA (or any participating schools for that matter) would agree to something like this.

Reaction Score
I love the "Thinking outside the box" and tampon advertisement.

And no, I haven't been searching for tampons.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I am not thinking of the grad student rule - although they are grad students - the ability for a player to transfer if his team is being sanction next year - is the duke I was thinking of - so if a team self imposed a sanction for the current year - one could argue the intent of the rule - should be triggered - and he should be able to immediately transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom