thinking back to DePaul game. | The Boneyard

thinking back to DePaul game.

Reaction Score
The first half was our best basketball of the year. Maybe the last 3 years. We beat a team now ranked near top 10 by a gazillion points. Then the second half, a complete reversal. They beat us by a gazillion minus about 5 and we just barely hung on for the win. What went so right in the first half. what changed at half time for the reversal? Did Doug Bruno make some magical adjustment? Did Geno change something that backfired? Did a pixie fly over the arena and sprinkle missed shot and sleepytime pixie dust on our players. But the most important question, how do we get back to doing whatever it was we were doing in that first half. Play like that and we go to FF and have a good chance for NC. Play like the second half and we don't even win the AAC championship and we go out in the first round of the NCAA. How can a team be so different so suddenly. Reminded me of the awful game against Syracuse where we up by something over 30 and the Cuse went on a 20-0 run with us throwing up bricks and committing turnover after turnover. Maybe on both occasions the other team just started pressing and we could not handle it??? Got totally complacent and had trouble regrouping???

Reaction Score
I believe the shots (3s) DePaul was missing in the first half, they were making in the second half. I also think it sped Uconn up which played into DePaul's hands.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The first half was our best basketball of the year. Maybe the last 3 years. We beat a team now ranked near top 10 by a gazillion points. Then the second half, a complete reversal. They beat us by a gazillion minus about 5 and we just barely hung on for the win. What went so right in the first half. what changed at half time for the reversal? Did Doug Bruno make some magical adjustment? Did Geno change something that backfired? Did a pixie fly over the arena and sprinkle missed shot and sleepytime pixie dust on our players. But the most important question, how do we get back to doing whatever it was we were doing in that first half. Play like that and we go to FF and have a good chance for NC. Play like the second half and we don't even win the AAC championship and we go out in the first round of the NCAA. How can a team be so different so suddenly. Reminded me of the awful game against Syracuse where we up by something over 30 and the Cuse went on a 20-0 run with us throwing up bricks and committing turnover after turnover. Maybe on both occasions the other team just started pressing and we could not handle it??? Got totally complacent and had trouble regrouping???
In both games the 3 point shots started falling instead of bouncing off the rim. That has happened to UConn a lot this year and unfortunately we didn't recover in 3 of those games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I like the sleepytime pixie dust theory myself. Makes as much sense as most of the theories I've heard :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom