Thinking about former UConn defensive stars, we had some really good ones. | The Boneyard

Thinking about former UConn defensive stars, we had some really good ones.

Reaction Score
My fav is Danny Lansanah, but here's my list of memorable players (primarily line backers):

Alfred Fincher
Lawrence Wilson
Sio Moore
Trevardo Williams
Yawin Smallwood
Darius Butler
Blindi Wren-Wilson

Man were they fun to watch!

I love Danny Lansanah's retort to Edsall when HCRE asked if DL was injured and not able to go; and DL replies something like, "Coach I'm from Pennsylvania."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Trevardo and Darius to me. They were a few of the select Huskies who were physically superior to the offensive players they had to go against.

Reaction Score
Absolutely right Coach.

He and Butler were probably as good a pair of corners as you would find at that point in college football.

Loved it when Butler laid the wood to RG3 at the Rent. It drew a flag from the Big12 ref, but they were on the take anyway........I kid........kinda

Reaction Score
Can’t forget Scott Lutrus.

Absolutely. And were it not for the stingers he was getting I think he probably sticks around in the NFL a bit.

I also wondered if he got too big (near 250 if I remember). They put him inside and he probably needed to get bigger for that.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Remember the spring game when we first saw him play...and he had 3 picks? Were they all Pick sixes? I distinctly remember thinking "well this is a spring game". But he maintained that level when the games counted . One of my favorites.
I still remember his pick six against USF. He came right at me. It was a beauty. Here’s a nice little piece about him...worth a watch. We’ve had a lot of good linebackers over the years.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Going with names not mentioned. I loved Dahna Deleston at safety. James Hargreaves at LB, Deon McPhee at DT. So many really really good players

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Lloyd, just for the big hit at ND
The young man got himself drafted. Another UConn draftee on defense - Robert "Reggie" McClain. Gets to the NFL while basically playing nickel for us (our secondary was stout). And had one of the best high school highlight reels (as a running back) of any UConn recruit.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My fav is Danny Lansanah, but here's my list of memorable players (primarily line backers):

Alfred Fincher
Lawrence Wilson
Sio Moore
Trevardo Williams
Yawin Smallwood
Darius Butler
Blindi Wren-Wilson

Man were they fun to watch!

I love Danny Lansanah's retort to Edsall when HCRE asked if DL was injured and not able to go; and DL replies something like, "Coach I'm from Pennsylvania."
Yawin kills me - he never should have left early.

Reaction Score
We have had so many great players. Osunde and Williams rushing the passer were awesome. One not on D but I loved watching on kick coverage was Sherman. I am pretty sure he made every tackle on every kick during his time here!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom