Think we'll find out a lot about RJ Cole tonight | The Boneyard

Think we'll find out a lot about RJ Cole tonight

Reaction Score
One of the worst games he's likely ever played last time out and an epic all-time bad game for a Husky to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Everything we've read about him is super high character, leader, one of Bob Sr.'s favorite kids, etc.

Rubber meets road here, is it meaningless platitudes or the real thing with this guy? I suspect we see a highly motivated RJ and a great game tonight, get your popcorn ready.

Let's go RJ!!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He missed two free throws, admittedly in a big spot, but I wouldn't call it an all-time bad game by any stretch. Without his defense on Zegarowski we're not even in position to win at the end.

Reaction Score
I would just like to see a nice fluid game from RJ where he shoots 35%+ from 3, limits turnovers, and finishes around 13-15pts, and also a solid showing at the line. Nothing crazy, but it will be a good bar setting game to set the tone for the rest of big east play from him. Absolutely critical if we are going to finish in that 3-4 range in the standings.

Reaction Score
If you’re looking at his all around game, I thought his defense was very good last game as he shut down Zegs pretty well. Offensively, he just missed shots. I wouldn’t say it was an all-time bad game. Either way, I think we all expect him to play better tonight.

Reaction Score
Just don't want to see him force it. With this team there are 2-3 guys that can be the number 2 scorer depending on match up. I would like to see him get others involved first before trying to score. He simply cant create his own shot and his size limits his ability. Play great D and average 5-7 assists.

Reaction Score
Agree huge game for RJ and the guards in general (Gaff and Adams also, going to show up?). Although I don't think he played a bad game at all minus the FT's and OT, he needs to show what he is and/or can be for our PG. DePaul a tough match up for us like it or not but Huskies need to prove they will win games they "should" tonight.

Reaction Score
Agree huge game for RJ and the guards in general (Gaff and Adams also, going to show up?). Although I don't think he played a bad game at all minus the FT's and OT, he needs to show what he is and/or can be for our PG. DePaul a tough match up for us like it or not but Huskies need to prove they will win games they "should" tonight.
Agree with this, which is why I’m surprised we are currently an 8.5 pt favorite. We are either way better than I’m grasping or DePaul is worse than I think. Vegas always knows though. Either way I like it!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He missed two free throws, admittedly in a big spot, but I wouldn't call it an all-time bad game by any stretch. Without his defense on Zegarowski we're not even in position to win at the end.
It wasn't the missed free throws. It was the 2 for 13 from the field that hurt. If you're shooting 15%, you need to pass the ball, not shoot it. Then again, when you have as many TOs as dimes, (2 each) maybe passing isn't a good idea, either.

Reaction Score
I'd put Cole on Charlie Moore all night.

Moore can get buckets, but he can also jack up some ugly shots (last year seven games shooting under 30%).

Solid defense by Cole could really boost his confidence on the defensive end moving forward.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Exactly. He also scored 5 quick points when we were struggling to score. A missed foul shot by a decent foul shooter, which he is. Is usually off by a small fraction of an inch, just catching enough rim not to fall. I’m comfortable with him at the foul line when the chips are down until he shows he struggles consistently.

Reaction Score
Just checking out the BE website, highlights from the last game.

Reaction Score
One of the worst games he's likely ever played last time out and an epic all-time bad game for a Husky to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Everything we've read about him is super high character, leader, one of Bob Sr.'s favorite kids, etc.

Rubber meets road here, is it meaningless platitudes or the real thing with this guy? I suspect we see a highly motivated RJ and a great game tonight, get your popcorn ready.

Let's go RJ!!!
He came from Howard Univ. The foul line was the biggest spot of his life. Lets hope it was a blip

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom