Think Don Brown would have made a difference? | The Boneyard

Think Don Brown would have made a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, but not much in reality. We could use Brown's aggressiveness to regain a little dignity.

Donald Brown would be helpful.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I've had it with the Don Brown stuff. He was a smart man. He knew barring a miracle P was a dead man walking. He saw his defense lose four starters to the NFL. He reset the clock for himself for coaching close to his family/home. He would have to have been an absolute dummy to turn down the chance to start anew with Addazio at BC, to return here and be looking for work next year.

Hughes has called some good plays the first two UCF drives. The had Johnson twice in the backfield on the first touchdown. Ashiru Whiffed and Tymeer Brown missed as well, result touchdown. Second drive, he calls a perfectly time and concealed blitz, Stewart comes in untouched, out of control, loses contain responsibility and the slow footed QB runs untouched to the endzone. At some point, it ain't about the play calls and who is calling them, and more about the guys out there NOT making plays.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The biggest difference if Brown were still here would be his rah-rah attitude. The team would play a bit more inspired but the overall result would not be materially different.

Reaction Score
Brown would have made a huge difference. I bet we would have been 3-9 each of P's first two years if not for Brown maybe worse.

Name one defensive starter returning from last season who has improved over last season? Exactly, there aren't any. They have all gotten worse under Hughes, even Smallwood is probably seeing his stock fall. Brown coached players up and inspired them, not getting that any more.

Reaction Score
Brown would have made a huge difference. I bet we would have been 3-9 each of P's first two years if not for Brown maybe worse.

Name one defensive starter returning from last season who has improved over last season? Exactly, there aren't any. They have all gotten worse under Hughes, even Smallwood is seeing his stock fall. Brown coached players up and inspired them, not getting that any more.

Good point! People need to understand that coaching plays a huge part in production on the field.

Reaction Score

Name one defensive starter returning from last season who has improved over last season? Exactly, there aren't any. They have all gotten worse under Hughes, even Smallwood is probably seeing his stock fall. Brown coached players up and inspired them, not getting that any more.

PP was not paid to coach players up. Was he?

It's a good point that Brown and other coaches, coached players up. PP and GDL did the opposite. When you don't respect your coaches (you don't have to like a coach to respect him) it's hard to go the extra mile.

While we are lacking in talent please don't give PP and GDL a pass on this mess. They caused a regression like nobody has ever seen.

Reaction Score
I missed it. What ended up happening with them?

BC's offense didn't do anything all game. The first score by NC was on a short field after a BC turnover. Not a great showing by the BC defense, but they kept the team in the game for a while.
BC's D gave up only 110 yards rushing on 44 carries.

The Jury is still out as to whether Addazio really is a good coach or not.

Ask BC fans whether or not they like Brown's defense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Geez, fellas! I was just asking an honest question. No need to jump down my throat! What, do you think that I would spend time watching two teams that I hate play against each other?!?

I just had a look at the box scores to try to understand your venom. Now I understand. 282 yards in the air and 34 points on the scoreboard. Who cares. I've got other things to drink about tonight...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Don Brown is a very good DC. You give him strong CBs, and he'll make some magic happen. You give him weak CBs, and he'll get gashed....like I've always argued.

But he left us; we didn't leave him. So having said that, I don't understand the friggin' obsession to keep looking in the past. Randy Edsall isn't walking through that door, folks. Don Brown isn't walking through that door. Dan Orlovsky isn't walking through that door...

Reaction Score
Geez, fellas! I was just asking an honest question. No need to jump down my throat! What, do you think that I would spend time watching two teams that I hate play against each other?!?

I just had a look at the box scores to try to understand your venom. Now I understand. 282 yards in the air and 34 points on the scoreboard. Who cares. I've got other things to drink about tonight...

Towson Almost 400 yards and 33 points Uconn, again TOWSON.

Drink up bro!

Reaction Score
Wish I could give you a hundred likes for that one Dan. He left, just like Edsall left. Enough best of luck Don Brown.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Towson Almost 400 yards and 33 points Uconn, again TOWSON.

Drink up bro!

I'm glad you like to make fun of UConn. That's twice in your last two posts. Thank you for your interest in the University of Connecticut....

....by the way, UConn is my school, and I could give a rat's about feeling good for a person coaching at BC. But you do what you want to do. Back to the whiskey, bro...

Reaction Score
Don Brown is a very good DC. You give him strong CBs, and he'll make some magic happen. You give him weak CBs, and he'll get gashed....like I've always argued.

But he left us; we didn't leave him. So having said that, I don't understand the friggin' obsession to keep looking in the past. Randy Edsall isn't walking through that door, folks. Don Brown isn't walking through that door. Dan Orlovsky isn't walking through that door...

I agree 100% but the whole #1 Hank fan thing has to stop... dude can't coach up a D for

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
As far as we know that is true. We can do a lot worse then Don Brown as head coach. At least we would always have a spirited defense.

If we are talking about Don Brown coming back as a Head Coach and making him an offer, then that would be an interesting thread to put up. I'm not sure if it's the best choice going forward, but he has had success in that role before, and he would be a defense-first type of coach. An interesting suggestion.

But I'm not going to keep panning away for him to return as the DC....it's silly. He walked away. Oh well...

Reaction Score
Wish I could give you a hundred likes for that one Dan. He left, just like Edsall left. Enough best of luck Don Brown.

Who the hell wants to coach with PP and GDL for 3 years? You would do the same if you were Brown. Have fun denying you wouldn't

Reaction Score
I'm glad you like to make fun of UConn. That's twice in your last two posts. Thank you for your interest in the University of Connecticut....

....by the way, UConn is my school, and I could give a rat's about feeling good for a person coaching at BC. But you do what you want to do. Back to the whiskey, bro...

Not Uconn idiot... Hank Hughes!!!!! I can speak reality if I please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate