Things you would like to see Sat. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things you would like to see Sat.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Part of the reason UConn sucks so bad is because the coach thinks a turnover is worse than stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Stop being pansies frightened of a turnover. If you want to score enough points to win a game someday you actually have to take risks.

We lost 31-3 but didn’t turn the ball over!!!!!
Held them to 31? #uptick

Reaction Score
Just win the game. That would give the players a huge boost in confidence going into the Indiana game.

Reaction Score
After rewatching the game last night, I'm optimistic about this game and the season. I know it was FCS Wagner, but last year FCS Rhode Island had their way with us. What i saw was more decisive kids, committing on the play. Gone were the in between indecision type plays of last year's defense. In the back 7 last year replays seemed to show meandering about unsure of where to be or what to do and the end result was a defense that would have been as effective with 11 tackling dummies. I don't know if what we saw was the product of a less complicated system, maturing players or a combination of both. I think Harrel, and Morgan were solid additions. Gilmartin looked better on replay than i thought initially and Fortt and Swenson bring some decent speed on the edge and are two of the better tacklers of the guys who saw majir time last year. That fact that allows Kevon Jones and Dillon Harris to play at the line in a 2 point stance, and really has added to the overall team speed on defense. I think Keishaun Paul could be really good.

There were a few breakdowns in the 2nd half that led to the long Wagner plays and they were reminiscent of what happened last year on almost every play. One guy missed a tackle, a defender couldn't get off a block.

Gonna try and see if could watch the some of the Illinois Akron game. If I'm concerned about anything is the depth at LB behind Morgan, Gilmartin, Swenson, and Fortt. I don't recall others playing much at those positions and wonder if an injury there would push someone like Jones back to the middle given that they look pretty deep and talented at dline.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Id like to see 30,000 in the stands. BIG opportunity for the program on Saturday! and we fans are part of the program. A win could produce a field storming moment.

Step 1: BELIEVE
lol

Reaction Score
If they fall behind(which is a strong possibility) will they fight for 4 quarters or will they get boat raced? Illinois has superior athletes on both sides of the ball but they are far from a great team. If Uconn can somehow stick around The Illini will give them an opening. Can they take advantage if presented an opportunity?

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a Win or at least if we lose a close game. I'd love to see 30K in the stands. How the forecast so far for the game?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'd love to see a Win or at least if we lose a close game. I'd love to see 30K in the stands. How the forecast so far for the game?
Forecast is weird. 10 day says 70 and beautiful. Dorian tracker says Dorian.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
After rewatching the game last night, I'm optimistic about this game and the season. I know it was FCS Wagner, but last year FCS Rhode Island had their way with us.

The difference between URI and Wagner is like the difference between Purdue and UTSA.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gonna try and see if could watch the some of the Illinois Akron game. If I'm concerned about anything is the depth at LB behind Morgan, Gilmartin, Swenson, and Fortt. I don't recall others playing much at those positions and wonder if an injury there would push someone like Jones back to the middle given that they look pretty deep and talented at dline.

Yeah, thats what I think happens; you push Dillon Harris back to LB if you get an injury to any of the four that actually played LB vs Wags.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I would like to see Beaudry look like a starting QB. He looked terrible versus Wagner, and I'm afraid we won't see many competitive games unless he shows up and throws the ball with some accuracy downfield.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Beaudry look like a starting QB. He looked terrible versus Wagner, and I'm afraid we won't see many competitive games unless he shows up and throws the ball with some accuracy downfield.
That's a bit harsh. 1st start in years. Had nice TD throw dropped which he put on the money. Ardell Brown back, also i was wondering why Xavier Scott wasn't out there. He is a real athlete with legit speed and showed great ability catching the ball out of the backfield. Just didn't have the feel for RB. Hope he gets some passes this week.

Reaction Score
“Scared money don’t make no money”. Need to take some downfield shots and if they get a lead stay aggressive. Can’t run clock in the 1st quarter.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Beaudry look like a starting QB. He looked terrible versus Wagner
Come on Phil. I'll concede he wasn't stellar but he was far from terrible. He gets a mulligan from me for having to play his first game with missing receivers. I hope he meets your standards this week.

Reaction Score
Offense: A pass to a TE. A screen pass. A pass to the center of the field. Fewer penalties.

Defense: The line moving pre-snap. LBs faking a blitz. A TO.

It's hard to know if Edsall was going pure vanilla on Thursday or that is his scheme for O and D. We're going to need to be more imaginative versus Illinois as we wont be able to physically overwhelm them. We pretty much dominated Wagner but the combination of TOs and penalties at key points prevented an easy win. The good news is there is plenty of tape to help the players understand the things that need to be cleaned up. And being at home should help.
I'd love to see Uconn's defense get a couple TO's, but arm tackling after a caught pass is not going to knock the ball loose, a strip or a helmet hit the same time as the pads hit should do the trick, and will cause the refs to not call targeting.

Reaction Score
Three consecutive fake Punts to rekindle fond memories of the Disco era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom