things will get better under Warde Manuel | The Boneyard

things will get better under Warde Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hathaway was a putz. I think that's pretty indisputable. Luckily in Warde Manuel we have a guy that actually played football at the highest level, has experience in one of the top Athletic Depts in the country @ UM, and had success turning around an awful Athletic Dept in Buffalo. Warde seems to have the goods. I can say without a doubt that Manuel knows way more about this stuff than I (we) do, so let's just have some faith that he will do what's best for UConn.

There's no point in ranting about GDL anymore, we all know what we think of him, and many of us think a potato could do a better job, but I'm tired of wasting energy being mad about it. Whether we win out and make a great bowl or lose out I'm just going to have faith that Manuel knows what he's doing. The same goes for our conference situation. He and Herbst know more about this crap than me, and they actually get paid a lot of money to worry about it, so I'm not going to worry about it for free anymore.

Let's go kick Temple's ass

Reaction Score
i got a pocket, got a pocketful of shunshine
That made me think of this...I picture Herbst playing the role of Richard Pryor, Warde Manuel playing Della Reese, and Don Brown playing Redd Foxx.

Kind of sick, I know. But I'd rather laugh at our current situation than be ticked off.

NSFW

Reaction Score
just in case bringing the avatar in some fashion Saturday. . . .will keep it under wraps and don't want to have to display it. But Ill b ready

Reaction Score
i tend to agree matt, but its just so difficult to sit by and watch stupidity kill the football program i love.
My son yells at me for singing the fight song too much. I dont even know im doing it.
My closet has blue, gray, and white. That's it (except for my church clothes, which are still mostly blue, gray, and white.
I haven't missed a game in ??? i don't know if ever in 15 years (i'm 31)
I sit in a UCONN chair to smoke my cigarettes, and put them out in my UCONN ashtray.
My wife yells at me daily for wearing UCONN clothes, and not growing up.
This is just a sampling of how dedicated i am.....and im sure others are exactly the same.
Its tough to not say anything while coaches sit by and take a 50lb sledge to my Saturdays.
But.....i agree. There's nothing you or i can do. Still, its tough.

Reaction Score
i tend to agree matt, but its just so difficult to sit by and watch stupidity kill the football program i love.
My son yells at me for singing the fight song too much. I dont even know im doing it.
My closet has blue, gray, and white. That's it (except for my church clothes, which are still mostly blue, gray, and white.
I haven't missed a game in ??? i don't know if ever in 15 years (i'm 31)
I sit in a UCONN chair to smoke my cigarettes, and put them out in my UCONN ashtray.
My wife yells at me daily for wearing UCONN clothes, and not growing up.
This is just a sampling of how dedicated i am.....and im sure others are exactly the same.
Its tough to not say anything while coaches sit by and take a 50lb sledge to my Saturdays.
But.....i agree. There's nothing you or i can do. Still, its tough.

Don't worry. If you started wearing big boy clothes all the time, your wife would just find something else to be yelling at you for.

Reaction Score
I don't know his wife. Some are more creative in getting upset than others.

But the bottom line I get.

yes....definitely the cigarettes.
But either way, im not giving up either of them.
The arguments keep things spicy !!!

Reaction Score
The best part about being married is, and always will be: 'making up'...

Actually the best part of being married is being able to keep more than half after it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom