Things we need to discuss in the offseason | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things we need to discuss in the offseason

Reaction Score
I want to be at gampel when the team arrives…is that going to be possible ? I would imagine it’s going to be packed…
You'll need to claim a ticket to get in to Gampel for the welcome back celebration today. Here's the link

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What does the NCAA Tournament need to do to convince the Big 10 schools to come back for the second weekend of the tournament? What does the NCAA Tournament need to do to convince the Big 10 schools to stay through the whole first weekend of the tournament?

Reaction Score
Just one small tweak:
AAC - 1. 2014. I get it, I think of us as in the BE then also still…
I think I said that I was doing this based on current conferences. Maryland won while it was in the ACC, and both LV's and one of ours were in the American.

Reaction Score
So much conference realignment during the last 25 years that wins by a conference are different than wins by teams now in a conference, but look at how different the last 24 basketball championships are different than football based on current conferences only:

ACC: 9
Big East: 7
SEC: 3
Big XII: 3
Big Ten: 2
Pac Ten: 0
Everyone else: 0

So the Power 2 in football, in hoops, even giving them credit for UCLA/USC/Oklahoma/UT, have won 5 of the last 24 championships. Proving that, to date, massive gobs of money generated by football is being used primarily for football, and is not buying a dominance in hoops. Will that change? If I knew that for sure I’d buy a supercomputer and move to Vegas instead of posting while I ingest morning caffeine on my way to work for a living.
Didn't the AAC have one in 2014?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Is this UConn fans celebrating a National Championship at Gampel, or Pitt fans celebrating a 5-point January win over Wake Forest?

We've been there before.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
When we won in 2014 we in the AAC, not the Big east, therefore the chart should reflect the win by that conference.

Another thing to discuss in the offseason: AAC fanboys who will not admit what a catastrophic decision affiliating with that league was for UConn.

Reaction Score
So much conference realignment during the last 25 years that wins by a conference are different than wins by teams now in a conference, but look at how different the last 24 basketball championships are different than football based on current conferences only:

ACC: 9
Big East: 7
SEC: 3
Big XII: 3
Big Ten: 2
Pac Ten: 0
Everyone else: 0

So the Power 2 in football, in hoops, even giving them credit for UCLA/USC/Oklahoma/UT, have won 5 of the last 24 championships. Proving that, to date, massive gobs of money generated by football is being used primarily for football, and is not buying a dominance in hoops. Will that change? If I knew that for sure I’d buy a supercomputer and move to Vegas instead of posting while I ingest morning caffeine on my way to work for a living.
Interesting post. I am sure money used in football is primarily used for football, but I would assume some of that money would be used to increase spending in basketball, too. But yeah, I think they are increasing their spending in hoops (more for football for sure), but it certainly isn't buying dominance in hoops. Whether it's building a sports team, college or pros, or building a business, having more money definitely helps, but there has to be an intelligent plan to go along with it. Simply throwing more money without that intelligent plan is exercising the law of diminishing returns. There are too many examples of sports teams that heavily spend on players without thought of how their skills complement each other, without good game planning, or good player development and because of that their seasons amount to nothing.

Reaction Score
Most concerning Off-season question. Do we still need to drink Miller Lite?

Reaction Score
Bring back $2 beer night for all games at Gampel.
That's what I said after the Providence game. That crowd was fantastic.

If they can't do it for all the games, at least do it for the Georgetown game and let Ed Cooley know about it ;)

Reaction Score
I'll be starting an NIL fundraiser later today for Bleeding Blue for Good.

Let's do our best to take care of our players.
Can you provide a little summary of this? Does this help players actual get NIL money or support volunteering activities for student athletes to benefit charities? I'm looking to directly benefit the athletes financially and the best way to do that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How fast can Aresco and the AAC turn really good basketball programs like Florida Atlantic, North Texas and UAB into CBI bubble teams?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How fast can Aresco and the AAC turn really good basketball programs like Florida Atlantic, North Texas and UAB into CBI bubble teams?
When the inevitable happens, it won't be the league; it will be the coaching.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How is it possible that in the same season that UConn wins its FIFTH CHAMPIONSHIP, cementing its status as a Blue Blood, all of the programs and/or conferences we want to see fail (Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Louisville, Pitt, Boston College, Rutgers, St. Johns, Providence, Big 10, ACC) do so in a memorable and hilarious fashion?

It almost feels unfair to be a UConn fan right now. Almost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom