Things we can do to assist in promoting UConn and help land us in a stable conference. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things we can do to assist in promoting UConn and help land us in a stable conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I disagree that people think we don't cut it in academics. The main reason everyone assumed we were in the ACC over Louisville was because of our big academic advantage. It just turns out academics don't matter as much as the ACC would have you believe. As for the B1G academics, we'd fit right in there. Sure, we're not Michigan or NW, but neither are the rest of the B1G. We'd settle right into the meaty part of the bell curve in the B1G academically

Reaction Score
Here's where we'd have a problem. SH wants us to be a lot more like Michigan. The Michigan endowment at the end of 2011 was $7.8 Billion. UConn's was $329 Million. On a list of Public University endowments, UConn is embarrasingly low. Pitt is $2.5 Billion.
This was the most shocking element when she was hired. How we squandered our Athletic success and not increased our endowment to the levels of the big boys. Fans and coaches measure status in football wins and attendance figures. School Presidents look at academics and endowments to take the measure of a school. Our past caretaker Presidents put us in a tough spot.

Reaction Score
You couldn't think of anything better??? You have the word "UConn" in your name. There ISN'T anything better... :cool:
I know, but apparently it's misleading. For the record, I started at UConn in 1968. Left after getting a winning draft lottery number in 11/69. Finished at CCSU in 1989 thanks to GI Bill. UConn was the only school I applied to after HS.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You mean showing that we have a loyal fan base that backs up that loyalty with money and real support is better than holding our breath and stomping our feet?

Who knew?
Unfortunately people on this board can still post while holding their breath.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
People still reference the horde as if it still exists. It doesn't. One paper covered Germany and the Caribbean. One. That is not a horde, that is a straggler. There is no longer a large media presence surrounding the team, that is a memory from a time gone by...
We've replaced them!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I know, but apparently it's misleading. For the record, I started at UConn in 1968. Left after getting a winning draft lottery number in 11/69. Finished at CCSU in 1989 thanks to GI Bill. UConn was the only school I applied to after HS.

It's probably the last time you won a lottery, huh? ;) Well, a very belated "welcome back home" to you and I'm glad you continue to add to the UConn family. Once a Husky, always a Husky...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Thank you for your service.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd be happy to be an hour early, and I never leave before the end. I just don't feel like making it into a 3-ring circus. The Rent isn't easy to get close to for most people. Yankee Stadium and Fenway have subway/T stops nearby. That's what I'd like. I also was disgusted by the TV timeouts the last game I saw live. They completely ruin any momentum for either squad.
I agreed with your original point as to stadium accessibility. I just think that as long we are crafting a solution we might as well craft it to get people in the seats at the start of the game and keep them there through out. I do think that if you can find enough other people who will opt in this is "doable."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom