Things to look for tonight | The Boneyard

Things to look for tonight

Reaction Score
1) CW to be fully engaged on defense, rebounding, passing and movement without the ball.
2) Choking, stifling team defense with fast breaks and transition baskets.
3) MW to drive and also post up with a baby jumper from that position and head fake first.
4) Aubrey to continue being Aubrey and please fake and protect the ball on the put backs.
5) ONO to start her moves without the elbow and no swatting.
6) CD to shoot the pull ups again and again off the screen.
7) AW not to be afraid to finish the drives.
8) EV to have a solid floor game as the 7th man and run on the breaks.
9) Above all else besides a big win- KYLA on the bench cheering us on and doing better and no more injuries in this conference as we say ADIOS!

Reaction Score
1) CW to be fully engaged on defense, rebounding, passing and movement without the ball.
3) MW to drive and also post up with a baby jumper from that position and head fake first.
4) Aubrey to continue being Aubrey and please fake and protect the ball on the put backs.
9) Above all else besides a big win- KYLA on the bench cheering us on and doing better and no more injuries in this conference as we say ADIOS!
Unfortunately we have to amend Number 10 due to Kyla's surgery this afternoon as it was recently announced. Let's play for her tonight and in the NCAAS.

Reaction Score
Third game in three days. With leaving a lot of shots short yesterday I think there are some tired legs out there. It will be interesting to see how they play tonight.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Third game in three days. With leaving a lot of shots short yesterday I think there are some tired legs out there. It will be interesting to see how they play tonight.

There will be tired legs on both sides. Cincy had the later game. They had to claw back from an 11 point half time deficit. They looked exhausted at the end.

Win and move to the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
I don’t get some of the initials.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's not like they haven't done the same thing for the last 7 seasons, regardless of if they were freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
4) Aubrey to continue being Aubrey and please fake and protect the ball on the put backs.i
...and Kyla on the bench to give and get support!!!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Guessing...
EV=Adebayo?
AW=Makurat?

Reaction Score
Guessing...
EV=Adebayo?
AW=Makurat?
Yes, Thank you psconn. Anna should be AM. EV should be Ev. I think our team will be pumped tonight for Kyla.

Reaction Score
My expectations are:

1. Win and exit AAC undefeated
2. Keep the defensive effort where it has been for the latter part of the season.
3. Run the offense Geno taught them. Not so concerned if shots fall as much as working to get good shots.
4. No more injuries please.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that I don't see Anna trying to do too much and Crystal pass her the ball more often. I thought yesterday Anna was dribbling too much instead of setting herself on the three point line to go with her strength which is her three point shooting. She also was deferring to her teammates too much. There were a number of times in yesterday's game that Anna was on the three point line waiting for a pass, and Crystal didn't get her the ball. I would almost like to see Christyn driving to the basket and passing out to a three point shooter, but Anna is better at doing that. Some of the times its when she's in trouble, but knows how to get out of trouble. Christyn seems to stay in trouble.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that I don't see Anna trying to do too much and Crystal pass her the ball more often. I thought yesterday Anna was dribbling too much instead of setting herself on the three point line to go with her strength which is her three point shooting. She also was deferring to her teammates too much. There were a number of times in yesterday's game that Anna was on the three point line waiting for a pass, and Crystal didn't get her the ball. I would almost like to see Christyn driving to the basket and passing out to a three point shooter, but Anna is better at doing that. Some of the times its when she's in trouble, but knows how to get out of trouble. Christyn seems to stay in trouble.

I think Anna has the "rather set my teammates up than aggressively take it to the basket" syndrome. Could be worse. ;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I wanna see what we've been seeing. Good defense smothering defense. Good passing and hitting our open shots. I hope we're not tired because no Kyla off the bench. Tonite we could really use her so EA BC and MB will see action along with our Big 6. I really wanna see UConn firing on all cylinders tonite

Reaction Score
The last time we will play an ACC team. I wonder if Geno wants to make a statement. Probably not. Just hope we come out of the game healthy.

Reaction Score
I think Anna has the "rather set my teammates up than aggressively take it to the basket" syndrome. Could be worse. ;)
I agree. She is probably an even better three point shooter than we have seen but she appears to love assists more than baskets. If she took as many shots as Meg she would easily average 20 or more a game but would everyone else’s numbers go down? Take your choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom