Things To Do To Distract From Husky Worry | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things To Do To Distract From Husky Worry

Reaction Score
Years ago my wife use to get "cooked Pastrami" with the spices you could actually see. We would cook it up in a frying pan with cheese on top, and place it on a baked hard roll with butter and garlic. Wow was that great. Un fortunately we haven't been able to find it for many years, even decades. If anyone knows what I am talking about, do you know of any place in Conn. where I could find it? Thanks, I've given up finding it on my own. LOL
Try Boars Head navel pastrami. You can find it at any grocery store that sells that brand of deli meat. Have it sliced very thin. It fries up very well and it is the closest I can find to what I used to buy in a deli years ago. Warning - it is very fatty, or as they call it in the NYC deli “wet”. If you want it lean (dry) there is round cut.

Reaction Score
Try Boars Head navel pastrami. You can find it at any grocery store that sells that brand of deli meat. Have it sliced very thin. It fries up very well and it is the closest I can find to what I used to buy in a deli years ago. Warning - it is very fatty, or as they call it in the NYC deli “wet”. If you want it lean (dry) there is round cut.
Yeah, Boars Head is the brand I buy in the South’s big grocery chain, Publix. I’m satisfied with it. Never tried the “dry” version.

Reaction Score
I have a pretty stressful career, but whenever I feel overwhelmed I try to search for perspective. And whenever “first world problems” arise, I DEFINITELY try to give myself a reality check.

Like all of you, I love UCONN and have been heartbroken for the team these past few years. And it’s easy to get stressed and anxious at their most recent struggles. But when I put it all in perspective, I quickly get over it.

And what do I think about to find perspective?

Well, I think about the fact that close to a billion people in this world do not have access to clean water. In fact, they have to walk for MILES in hot, unforgiving terrain to find water (likely contaminated with parasites) and then carry it all the way back home. So, if I want to complain about my favorite team losing a game (that I just watched on TV… inside my home with A/C..while eating snacks and filtered water), I should pick up a 5 gallon jug and hike 5 miles in the sun and drink the water from the nearest river.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"
a HENRY JAMES' quote: "There are three important things in life:
#1 to be kind
# 2 to be kind
and lastly
# 3 to be kind" Best wishes!! Z

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads