Things To Do To Distract From Husky Worry | The Boneyard

Things To Do To Distract From Husky Worry

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If you have got the time to worry you need to find something to distract you. After all the worry is a nonconstructive waste of time and energy. I came up with my worry eraser this morning. This television show has been a fav of many a Husky ,particularly the Stewie crew I believe. I'm going back to Episode 1 of Gray's Anatomy. I recommend everyone find a worry eraser.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm gonna do some yard work then head down to the shop, finish up a batch of A/Bflat whistles, then cook supper and watch the Helicon summer solstice show. I love the online shows, this one will save me 3 hours driving.

OTOH, I'm not the least bit worried about the Huskies. They'll get it together, just not overnight.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm gonna do some yard work then head down to the shop, finish up a batch of A/Bflat whistles, then cook supper and watch the Helicon summer solstice show. I love the online shows, this one will save me 3 hours driving.

OTOH, I'm not the least bit worried about the Huskies. They'll get it together, just not overnight.
Boote, while I'm a fan of the Huskies, I'm not THAT emotionally invested to the point I develop insomnia or begin to worry when they lose a game. From the looks of their last game, they are going to lose a lot more games including some conference games. 2-3 more performances like Thursday's, they'll face the possibility of falling out of the top 25. You can't lose to unranked teams and remain in the top 25.

They have the next 7 calendar days off for final exams. I don't think they want to go that long having to sit on two back-to-back losses. They'll have enough to occupy their thoughts with trying to ace their final exams. I have plenty of household chores and "honey-do's" to keep me busy all day today and tomorrow. I'm watching NFL football tomorrow, so what doesn't get done today, will have to wait until Monday. That's the great thing about being retired. What ever you don't get done today, there's always tomorrow. It will still be there. ;)

UCLA is also missing several players today. Hopefully UConn can put 4 quarters together of good TEAM play, not collapse in the 4th quarter and find a way to win. I'm not looking for anyone to step up today, that ship has sailed. If someone were going to step up, they would have done it Thursday.

I'm hoping the team can play together, feed off of each other, limit the turnovers (very important) score 1 more point than UCLA, play some semblance of defense and limit the Bruins to 1 shot per possession. I don't care how they do it, just get 'er done. The Boneyard critics were out in force hot and heavy after the Georgia Tech loss. I shudder to think of the criticisms that will be levied against Geno and the team if they lose today. :confused: Let's hope for the best today, and a UConn victory, even if it's an "ugly" win. :) Time to start thinking about who we DO have, and not about who we DON'T have. This is the time for EVERY player on the roster to decide if they are going to be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Every team on their schedule from this point on is looking to knock them off before they can rite the ship. UConn was held to 44 points by an unranked team. There are no guarantees going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm at work and then I am going to eat a Pastrami and swiss Sloppy Joe with chips and a coke! Hopefully I will survive the game.

Reaction Score
While I'm a fan of the Huskies, I'm not THAT emotionally invested to the point I develop insomnia or begin to worry when they lose a game. From the looks of their last game, they are going to lose a lot more games including some conference games. 2-3 more performances like Thursday, they'll face the possibility of falling out of the top 25.

They have the next 7 calendar days off for final exams. I don't think they want to go that long having to sit on two back-to-back losses. They'll have enough to occupy their thoughts with trying to ace their final exams. I have plenty of household chores and "honey-do's" to keep me busy all day today and tomorrow. I'm watching NFL football tomorrow, so what doesn't get done today, will have to wait until Monday. That's the great thing about being retired. What ever you don't get done today, there's always tomorrow. It will still be there. ;)

UCLA is also missing several players today. Hopefully UConn can put 4 quarters together of good TEAM play, not collapse in the 4th quarter and find a way to win. I'm not looking for anyone to step up today, that ship has sailed. If someone were going to step up, they would have done it Thursday.

I'm hoping the team can play together, feed off of each other, score 1 more point than UCLA, play some semblance of defense and limit the Bruins to 1 shot per possession. I don't care how they do it, just get 'er done. The Boneyard critics were out in force hot and heavy after the Georgia Tech loss. I shudder to think of the criticisms that will be levied against Geno and the team if they lose today. :confused: Let's hope for the best today, and a UConn victory, even if it's an "ugly" win. :)
To me , that's 4 paragraphs of heavy emotional investment. Just saying...

• Haha
Reactions: mmt

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seton Hall vs Princeton ESPN+ 12PM. Might help if you want to switch over.

Reaction Score
If you have got the time to worry you need to find something to distract you. After all the worry is a nonconstructive waste of time and energy. I came up with my worry eraser this morning. This television show has been a fav of many a Husky ,particularly the Stewie crew I believe. I'm going back to Episode 1 of Gray's Anatomy. I recommend everyone find a worry eraser.
I'm not the least bit worried about Uconn WCBB. I have concerns over Paige and Nika, Aubrey, these are my kids and I care about them. Geno, as he has in 40 years, if the talent is there, GENO will right this ship. This is a GAME, it isn't life, it isn't health or wealth, it is a game. On second thought, I do worry. I worry that the negative posting are read by these kids. I worry they will feel they are responsible for the loss, they are NOT. Win or lose 99.98 percent of the BY will love them.

Reaction Score
I'm at work and then I am going to eat a Pastrami and swiss Sloppy Joe with chips and a coke! Hopefully I will survive the game.
You may survive the game. Will you survive the sandwich??

Reaction Score
Hot pastrami and Swiss on rye is my favorite sammitch. But sloppy joe?

I guess I gotta put that on my food bucket list.

Reaction Score
Boote, while I'm a fan of the Huskies, I'm not THAT emotionally invested to the point I develop insomnia or begin to worry when they lose a game. From the looks of their last game, they are going to lose a lot more games including some conference games. 2-3 more performances like Thursday's, they'll face the possibility of falling out of the top 25. You can't lose to unranked teams and remain in the top 25.

I'm hoping the team can play together, feed off of each other, limit the turnovers (very important) score 1 more point than UCLA, play some semblance of defense and limit the Bruins to 1 shot per possession. I don't care how they do it, just get 'er done. The Boneyard critics were out in force hot and heavy after the Georgia Tech loss. I shudder to think of the criticisms that will be levied against Geno and the team if they lose today. :confused: Let's hope for the best today, and a UConn victory, even if it's an "ugly" win. :) Time to start thinking about who we DO have, and not about who we DON'T have. This is the time for EVERY player on the roster to decide if they are going to be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Every team on their schedule from this point on is looking to knock them off before they can rite the ship. UConn was held to 44 points by an unranked team. There are no guarantees going forward.
Your last paragraph. None of the kids on the UConn WCBB are "part of the problem". If any of them knew what was wrong or what happened do you believe they would not have corrected it then and there?? Is GENO part of the problem, probably more than the kids, but even he didn't have a clue.
In my less than educated, trained, knowledgeable OPINION: PAIGE led, they followed. They were like a Navy Destroyer with out a Captain and the rudder was stuck. No Executive officer as a fall back leader. No cox'un. (sp)
Teams feed off of leaders 1,2,3 when they are lost the team is lost. Geno couldn't "in-game" fix it. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I have a pretty stressful career, but whenever I feel overwhelmed I try to search for perspective. And whenever “first world problems” arise, I DEFINITELY try to give myself a reality check.

Like all of you, I love UCONN and have been heartbroken for the team these past few years. And it’s easy to get stressed and anxious at their most recent struggles. But when I put it all in perspective, I quickly get over it.

And what do I think about to find perspective?

Well, I think about the fact that close to a billion people in this world do not have access to clean water. In fact, they have to walk for MILES in hot, unforgiving terrain to find water (likely contaminated with parasites) and then carry it all the way back home. So, if I want to complain about my favorite team losing a game (that I just watched on TV… inside my home with A/C..while eating snacks and filtered water), I should pick up a 5 gallon jug and hike 5 miles in the sun and drink the water from the nearest river.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

Reaction Score

Excuse this second comment. Paragraph one.
Invested I am, EMOTIONALLY, have been probably as long as your lifetime. If you rode a toboggan down the Cow pastures of Uconn, eaten beef raised by Uconn in those fields, skated on their ice rink, worked in their satellite labs, suffered the wintry winds across the parking lots of the Field house in January, watched your Uconn team being beaten 2 or three times a month and still returned to the hard oak planks of the Field house. Then some fresh Philly kid comes along and wins more than he loses--you too would be emotionally invested. The investment means some if not many of those boys and girls names are burned into your psyche as are the games. True Uconn fans have known losses. They don't kill us. Nor do we kill the coaches or players.

Reaction Score
I have the game on record and going out to hit a tennis ball for awhile. I'll watch the game in a couple of hours and then check in on the 176 posts in the post game thread.

I hope we win, really want a win but I'm much less antsy than I'd be if this was a game against say SC if we were also really good.

Win or lose, what Geno says post game should be interesting.

Reaction Score

Definitely. Key is the bread. The rye has to be very, very thin. One piece of advice, don't eat it during a really poorly officiated game like today. Instant agita.

Reaction Score

You are not purists, then, as I am. The proper use of pastrami is on fresh marble rye ( seedless ) with spicy mustard. Nothing else.

Reaction Score
You are not purists, then, as I am. The proper use of pastrami is on fresh marble rye ( seedless ) with spicy mustard. Nothing else.
Agreed as to spicy mustard.

Not a purist as to what type of rye bread and usually at the mercy of the sammitch maker/deli.

If I’m at home, yeah I do seedless. Marbled rye? Yeah if the grocery store has it but I’m in the Deep South and it’s not like I have a bread maker or real deli around the corner.

Reaction Score
For the love of God who thought swiss cheese was a good idea?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score

Years ago my wife use to get "cooked Pastrami" with the spices you could actually see. We would cook it up in a frying pan with cheese on top, and place it on a baked hard roll with butter and garlic. Wow was that great. Un fortunately we haven't been able to find it for many years, even decades. If anyone knows what I am talking about, do you know of any place in Conn. where I could find it? Thanks, I've given up finding it on my own. LOL

Reaction Score
Without the Half Sour Pickles, the Pastrami Sandwich is just a sandwich. ;)

@Bald Huskie You can make your own spice blend for the pastrami. Found these two recipes you can make (see links) or a link to Amazon, if you want to purchase the Pastrami Rub.

Reaction Score
The direction this thread is going is worthless without input from the Gastronomer. :)

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, except for the marble rye. In an NY or NJ deli, it's just thin regular rye. I ate that sloppy Joe during the game and I haven't eaten since. Not a good move. You can't be slowed down when you have to yell and scream at the officials on TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom