Things to do in Torrance on a Saturday night | The Boneyard

Things to do in Torrance on a Saturday night

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'll be stuck there in a hotel on 11/10. Not all that interested in Ubering into LA proper. Just hoping for a place for a couple good beers and decent food, watch a game or something.

Reaction Score
Head to Redondo Beach Pier - bunch of options and “views”(nature and human) ;) Business Directory | Redondo Pier)

Disclaimer - been about 7 years since I was out there for a few days. It worked for me (but I’m pretty low maintenance).

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Summoning @Rocktheworld - there are three microbreweries within a half hour walk of hotel (I don't mind walking - I do >30 mins with dog every day). Are you familiar with any of these and if so, any recommendations that aren't sours (not a big fan): Absolution, Zymurgy, Scholb.

Reaction Score
Summoning @Rocktheworld - there are three microbreweries within a half hour walk of hotel (I don't mind walking - I do >30 mins with dog every day). Are you familiar with any of these and if so, any recommendations that aren't sours (not a big fan): Absolution, Zymurgy, Scholb.
Haven’t been to any of those but have heard of Zymurgy and Absolution. I would check out Zymurgy if I were you maybe Absolution but they’re opposite directions from each other.

But then honestly I would just Uber and head over to Monkish. Smog City is right there and I like them, as are Strand and Dudes who are both decent. They’re not much further from where it seems you’re staying (by the fashion center? 10 minute drive from there) and I know for a fact those places are good.

I don’t really know that southern LA area that well. I need to get there and especially Long Beach more. I know Anaheim, Downtown, and the Eagle Rock/Highland Park areas better.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Head to Redondo Beach Pier - bunch of options and “views”(nature and human) ;) Business Directory | Redondo Pier.

There's a business concept there I never thought I'd see. And I find it disturbing.

REDONDO COFFEE & BAIT SHOP
(310) 318-1044141 Fishermans Wharf, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Redondo Coffee & Bait Shop is located near the popular public fishing area and serves breakfast every day until 2 p.m. followed by lunch and dinner. The menu includes omelets, pancakes, sandwiches, soups, seafood and steaks! This unique restaurant also rents fishing poles, and sells bait and tackle for hungry fishermen and women.

Reaction Score
Cosign on Monkish. My favorite in all of LA
Check out Phantom Carriage, too. Pretty cool brewery
LA Alehouse near Hawthorne Airport is worth exploring
Anything along the water in the South Bay is fun. Hermosa/Manhattan Beach over Redondo - it's a bit too honkytonk for my liking.
Firestone Walker in Marina Del Rey puts you in a solid spot to hop around to other locations

Reaction Score
Zymurgy doesn't make their own beer (I think) - they house hobby brewers' stuff and sell some of it. But if it's close, give it a go

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cosign on Monkish. My favorite in all of LA
Check out Phantom Carriage, too. Pretty cool brewery
LA Alehouse near Hawthorne Airport is worth exploring
Anything along the water in the South Bay is fun. Hermosa/Manhattan Beach over Redondo - it's a bit too honkytonk for my liking.
Firestone Walker in Marina Del Rey puts you in a solid spot to hop around to other locations

Thanks for the recos, but I'd prefer to stay close to the hotel. I'm 62. Couple of pops these days and I'm ready for naptime.

Reaction Score
Then I go with rocktheworld's suggestion.

Monkish has the best beer but it's in an industrial park. I can't recall if they have TV's. dudes should be more bar-like setup

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom