Things that gave me great hope. | The Boneyard

Things that gave me great hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
1) Caroline played 20+ minutes of highly aggressive ball. The leg looks very solid.
2) Kaleena is the real deal in so many ways.
3) We did not let down at all when the shots weren't falling. We were running the offense and even getting to the rim but simply couldn't get the ball to drop. That is way better than the game last year or in the first half when we beat them two years ago in the FF.
4) Wow, can we play defense and do it without fouling. And do it against a good team, too.
5) We have someone with skill and good upside behind Stef and who will give her minutes off the court for rest or with fouls.
more later.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
1) Caroline played 20+ minutes of highly aggressive ball. The leg looks very solid.
3) We did not let down at all when the shots weren't falling. We were running the offense and even getting to the rim but simply couldn't get the ball to drop. That is way better than the game last year or in the first half when we beat them two years ago in the FF.
4) Wow, can we play defense and do it without fouling. And do it against a good team, too.
5) We have someone with skill and good upside behind Stef and who will give her minutes of the court for rest or with fouls.
more later.

Thanks Ice...a post that reflects my take on the game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I agree, and when you look at the shooting in general, not only was the shooting off for 2 stretches at the beginning of each half., but the foul shooting was lousy throughout. Any kind of shooting and the game isn't close. It seems to me that to beat UConn, a team needs really good guards. That probably means Baylor and ND, who have the other weapons to be dangerous to go with their guards. AS for most of GA's good teams, defense wins, offense says by how much.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I will, also, note that the guards frequently started the offense lower than against Pacific and that eliminated the moving screens by Stef. Not just eliminated the calls but her need to move higher leading to the calls.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Kaleena's ability to keep shooting even when the shots didn't fall initially gave me great hope.

Reaction Score
5) We have someone with skill and good upside behind Stef and who will give her minutes off the court for rest or with fouls.
more later.

Agree completely. The defense was great; better at the end than the beginning. The block by Dolson at the start really got a reaction from the crowd. The shooting will not always be this off. Very happy with this game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Agree completely. The defense was great; better at the end than the beginning. The block by Dolson at the start really got a reaction from the crowd. The shooting will not always be this off. Very happy with this game.

Mini - hijack of the thread -- could - did you get my note about the Maggie Dixon tickets? Send me your addy so I can get them out to you.
TJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger