Things I'd like to see on Saturday night... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things I'd like to see on Saturday night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we should expect Diaco and Co to revert back to RRP in this match up. I would look to do a lot of our run plays from the shot gun or single back backfield. We generally are better with our players spread out.

No, we should expect them to try to attack horizontally instead of vertically, at least to start. Make the first 3 guys run side to side for a while.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No, we should expect them to try to attack horizontally instead of vertically, at least to start. Make the first 3 guys run side to side for a while.

I'm with ya.... I'm just saying that for our offense, which has struggled to push the ball vertically, this is a tough defensive plan to go against. 3-3-5 should leave our receivers with double coverage...but our O-line with better opportunities to make holes at level 1.

As always, a balanced approach to all areas of the field will be needed to keep it honest. We can't get too one dimensional.

Reaction Score
Slow developing running plays get killed by the 3-3 front. Quick hitters, perhaps out of the pistol can be effective.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Slow developing running plays get killed by the 3-3 front. Quick hitters, perhaps out of the pistol can be effective.

The whole premise of the 3-3-5 is that their second level defenders can disrupt the point of attack before the offense can set the point of attack.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
All I really care about is a W. If we can make it out of there with a win on prime time TV against a good team, we generate some positive national buzz.

Reaction Score
1. UConn victorious (of course)
2. More passing to the tight ends-they are essential to the run blocking for Arkeel, but they are big targets & way underused in the passing game. When was the last time Bloom had a catch?
3. No more helicopter flips by Sherriffs as the opposition tries to tackle him- if he continues that kind of reckless play he's going to get seriously injured.
4. UConn scoring in the 1st quarter (had to throw that in)
5. Newsome with a 200+ yard rushing game- let's get back to early 2000+ UConn football

For THIS game, I want to see:

Continued tough run DEFENSE
Just like we had against Cincy. USF is 6th in the country in rushing averaging 260.5
per game and 6.1 ypc. Malone Mack averages just under 100 yds/game and is closing in on 3,000 for his career. UCONN is eleventh in run D. Should be an interesting contest but we have to contain Flowers and not allow him to have a field day like Ward did.

Continued smart secondary play
Stop those explosive long passes but play up closer to stop too many underneath balls. Hoping the Jamar Safety switch continues to be the answer for the secondary.

Clock chewing Offense
Not going to out offense USF. They are tenth in FBS in Total offense. Have to keep the ball out of Quinton Flowers and Macks hands. I am hoping for a big game from Newsome but also Johnson as he returns home to Florida.

Get a lead, score in first quarter
I don't care how, just score some damn points.

Accuracy on long passes from Bryant
I know they worked on this alot in practice, lets hope he got better. St Thomas will have another great game. Hoping last week was a huge confidence builder for Tyraig Beals. Not sure about Hergy Mayala's health for the game. Last I heard he was day to day. Let's keep USF guessing.

Bobby Puyol
If our D holds up, this is gonna be another close one. We need Bobby to continue to excel as he plays before family and friends in FL.

For this one, Old fashioned smash mouth football will work because we are not beating USF in a foot race.

Reaction Score
EJ Levenberry or Joseph shadowing Flowers on every play.
Excellent point. Love JJ, not taking anything away from him but I think EJ is faster.
I am confident that Brown will have the right Line backers in for the situation.
Hoping for a big game from Vonte Diggs who seems to get better every game.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Steve Young's long lost son step in at QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom