Things I'd like to see on Saturday night... | The Boneyard

Things I'd like to see on Saturday night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. UConn victorious (of course)
2. More passing to the tight ends-they are essential to the run blocking for Arkeel, but they are big targets & way underused in the passing game. When was the last time Bloom had a catch?
3. No more helicopter flips by Sherriffs as the opposition tries to tackle him- if he continues that kind of reckless play he's going to get seriously injured.
4. UConn scoring in the 1st quarter (had to throw that in)
5. Newsome with a 200+ yard rushing game- let's get back to early 2000+ UConn football

Reaction Score
1. UConn victorious (of course)
2. More passing to the tight ends-they are essential to the run blocking for Arkeel, but they are big targets & way underused in the passing game. When was the last time Bloom had a catch?
3. No more helicopter flips by Sherriffs as the opposition tries to tackle him- if he continues that kind of reckless play he's going to get seriously injured.
4. UConn scoring in the 1st quarter (had to throw that in)
5. Newsome with a 200+ yard rushing game- let's get back to early 2000+ UConn football
Coach you forgot to add another punt return..LOL

Reaction Score
6. No turnovers
7. No penalties or at least a very minimal amount
8. Most importantly take advantage of field position when we get it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I want to see a staff the has a game plan building on the success of the second half against Cincy.

I want to see if the staff sees the on field results as a way forward or if they revert to the RRPP strategy.

I want to see aggression that forces a defense to defend horizontally and vertically.

Finaly, I want to see if UConn's defense can match USF's offensive physicality for 60 minutes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Fewer QB runs. Try to keep it under 10, under 8 would be better.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
First quarter touchdown
I'll set my sights even lower. I'll take any first quarter points. Safety or field goal will do. Much like a night of drinking, my hope is once we break the seal that the scoring won't stop.

Reaction Score
We need to get the ball to the TE's just over the LB's if for no other reason than to give opposing D coordinators second thoughts about blitzes and stacking the box. Get 2 catches and things get easier for BS. Then bring Newsome and Thomas underneath for some speed and quickness mismatches. Once we have their heads on a swivel the line can use their strength to open holes and wear them down. Saw a couple of good downfield blocks last week. My favorite part of the game which has been sorely lacking for a long time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
3-3-5 is a disaster for BS and vertical passing. WR screens, RB's in the slot, etc. Ball needs to be in the hands of playmakers before the 5th DB can engage the player.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
USF Rushing Defense ranked #103.
USF Passing Efficiency Defense ranked #19.

So we should expect Diaco and Co to revert back to RRP in this match up. I would look to do a lot of our run plays from the shot gun or single back backfield. We generally are better with our players spread out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

UConn's 2 TE sets will get destroyed by the 3-3-5 in the run game. WVU ran the same defense under Rich Rod. Theory is speed and athleticism over brute force. You can't hit what you can't touch.

UConn has to be creative in the run game. Newsome with misdirection and RJ with straight downhill runs before the second line of defense is running to the line of scrimmage.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What I'm saying is UConn needs plays that are fast developing while Aile UConn has the number advantage at the point of attack.

Slow developing plays are death against a 3-3-5.

Reaction Score
We score points in every quarter. Our RB's hold onto the ball. We force some turnovers.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Interested to see if we can defend Flowers. We bottled him up in the 1st half last year - but he scrambled and they ran all over us in the 2nd half. Hopefully we can contain him and the USF running game. I think we can get to 24 points against their D - so containing Flowers is the key.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
if you're that bad against the run, your pass defense efficiency rating is probably skewed by fewer passing yards and passing attempts against... this is probably a good game to try and keep our offense on the field and theirs off it. that's a whole lot easier if we can finish some early drives and play with a lead for once...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom