Things Caroline does that Impress | The Boneyard

Things Caroline does that Impress

Reaction Score
I watched the video of the Louisville game this morning and was reminded of how wonderful Caroline can be when the team needs her. It was in a losing effort, but she was still awesome, playing in the December of her freshman year. She was on the court all 40 mins, shot 10 for 20, scored 24 with 8 rebounds. What really stands out is not the 3-pt shooting, but her confidence in the lane, scoring through double teams even in the face of a defender. She's not afraid to put the ball up in the paint even if she's not wide open.

If she can come back as that player, we are in for one helluva season.

Find this video on YouTube -- I highly recommend it!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe the only reason she would not come back as the player you point out is that the coaches don't play her. She could have done it last season if the coaches had played her more. I think she earned that opportunity once she overcame her head injury.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I believe the only reason she would not come back as the player you point out is that the coaches don't play her. She could have done it last season if the coaches had played her more. I think she earned that opportunity once she overcame her head injury.
Geno said she wasn’t playing as well after getting hit a couple times because she was skittish, afraid of being hit again. She really didn’t get over it until the national championship game.

When players don’t play, it’s usually not Geno keeping them off the court, it’s the player herself.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I watched the video of the Louisville game this morning and was reminded of how wonderful Caroline can be when the team needs her. It was in a losing effort, but she was still awesome, playing in the December of her freshman year. She was on the court all 40 mins, shot 10 for 20, scored 24 with 8 rebounds. What really stands out is not the 3-pt shooting, but her confidence in the lane, scoring through double teams even in the face of a defender. She's not afraid to put the ball up in the paint even if she's not wide open.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Good recommendation but I have a rule...I will not watch a replay of any game that is a loss. Ain't gonna do it.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Geno said she wasn’t playing as well after getting hit a couple times because she was skittish, afraid of being hit again. She really didn’t get over it until the national championship game.

When players don’t play, it’s usually not Geno keeping them off the court, it’s the player herself.
Usually but not always

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is neither fair or accurate. For a stretch of games beginning with the UCLA came Caroline played 32, 40, 38, 28, 32, 40, 30, 40, 32, 25, 27. Her 40 minutes games were against Louisville, Oregon and St. Johns.
Caroline was banged up in the last two games of this stretch before eventually missing the TN game. She never fully recovered from being banged up and this was the main reason her minutes diminished. She absolutely earned the opportunity and was getting the minutes before being banged up but she never fully recovered as indicated by the shooting numbers which were down substantially upon her return. If Caroline never return to her former level of performance (we are all hoping she does) it will likely be due to an accumulation of injuries. Those injuries include 3 surgeries (Knee (ACL) , Shoulder ( rotator cuff) & Hip) as well as a concussion.

Reaction Score
1--- She can finish very well in transition around the basket.
2--- She can drive and finish around the basket and mid-range in half court.
3--- She can finish in the low post vs smaller players because she is combo of tall for a wing, seems to have long arms, and is strong for her youth (can score through contact).
4--- She can hit shots with someone stuck in her face. She's a "shot maker" even when a defender is draped all over her.
5--- She can be fearless when healthy.

Reaction Score
Ducharme is very efficient with her offense. Very little flash. She uses what she has, guard skills at 6'2 and a great shot. In a way she's Hull with more of a shot and a little less physicality. I'd say she proved herself as a freshman and at UConn that's a good sign going forward. I think Geno said she really helped herself in the strength training last summer. It's got to be tough to play inside with a hip bothering so she may show more toughness inside going forward. She's a rising sophomore.

Reaction Score
donalddowop- - -It turns out Caroline Ducharme didn't earn playing time not because of effects from the head injury but because of that hip injury which she played with all season she had to have surgery on this off season!
I think she gutted it out in the finals and bravely had one of the few good games of UCONN's wounded and sick players!

Reaction Score
Things Caroline does that Impress..

Confidence. Although she needs to improve her 3FG%, I appreciate the fact that she understands that when she is open, that the team needs her to shoot it.

Consistency. Her efficiency didn't drop with increased minutes, most players struggle with more playing time, from stamina to foul trouble to shooting efficiency.

Composure. I acknowledge she can be turnover prone sometimes but mostly she appears focused when she is on the court.

Reaction Score
I never have and never will. I wondered if I was the only one. In having this attitude, watching only wins, I have not missed many games.
I'm with you all the way. I have 80 to 90 games on tape and watch them often. Especially Lou's 10 three pointers vs USF. The Mississippi State debachle was the worst game I ever saw them play and I do not need any reminders about it. Hoping for No 12 this year. We have the manpower to win No12 this year as long as we do not have any injuries or covid. GO HUSKIES NQ12 !!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom