Things are happening..... this time it's real | The Boneyard

Things are happening..... this time it's real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The guy who usually posts in the "comments" section on Ray Ratto's column, who was also right about Texas A&M to the SEC just posted that Commissioner Aresco was headed to an emergency meeting to see UConn's leadership. Minutes later the post was removed and nobody knows why.

The ACC also scheduled a press conference to take place sometime in September possibly before the NC State game.

Reaction Score
I remember when the Boneyard began and shortly after, Syr and Pitt left. There was an outcry that there was a separate link for "conference realignment" (including me).

Whoever made that decision was a smart man/woman.

Reaction Score
I remember when the Boneyard began and shortly after, Syr and Pitt left. There was an outcry that there was a separate link for "conference realignment" (including me).

Whoever made that decision was a smart man/woman.

What are you talking about? This is a place for SERIOUS examination of the all issues expansion related. It's not meant for parody or parity for that matter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
A comment... on a blog...that isn't there...but used to be...before it wasn't?
I'm convinced!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, I'm off work today and tomorrow thanks to Isaac. This ought to help pass the time.

Reaction Score
Well I, for one, hope you are right. Just reading this board for the last several years has left me questioning my own sanity. It is really a struggle to pick fact from fiction.

Reaction Score
All of this has me feeling VERY conflicted. When Miami, VPI, & BC left, I was calling them carpetbaggers & meaning it in the worst sense of the term. When Syracuse & Pitt left in the dead of night, I was apopleptic, especially since Pitt was leading the media rights discussion. W.Va left out of self preservation (& truthfully, I wished that they had dragged UConn with them). TCU never actually played a game in Big East competition, had always pined for Big-12 membership, & was a natural fit for them culturally.
Family members (both on my wife's side & mine) are grads of both UNC & NC State, so there was lively conversation when meeting between UConn & those institutions rarely occurred. I have no animosity between either of them, but I abhor the ACC front office for 2 consecutive rapes of the Big East & the position that it left UConn in.
I question on the one hand President Herbst's lavish praise of the hiring of Commissioner Aresco, & the rumor of duplicity of secret negotiations with the ACC on the other.
The feeling of my alma mater repeating the treachery of those institutions that left for the ACC leaves me feeling nauseas.
On the other hand, an invitation to either the B1G or Big-12 would leave me ecstatic.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Coincidence that it is right as Flipper retires (or as we all know, was fired)? Maybe Flipper said "over my dead body" would UConn and BC be in the same conference again...and they said OK!;)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I'm convinced!
There better be a custom Conspiracy Kitty tailgate flag flying on Thursday. And when I find it, I will give the owner a pint of my finest ale.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I'm convinced!
And a week or so after Flipper was shown the door. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

CL82

Reaction Score
Coincidence that it is right as Flipper retires (or as we all know, was fired)? Maybe Flipper said "over my dead body" would UConn and BC be in the same conference again...and they said OK!;)
And a week or so after Flipper was shown the door. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
I was thinking that as well. It makes to smile to think he was shown the door and we get the invite that he worked so hard to prevent.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Ah you beat me to it.

Coincidence...

junglehusky

Reaction Score
There better be a custom Conspiracy Kitty tailgate flag flying on Thursday. And when I find it, I will give the owner a pint of my finest ale.
I'd do the same, and for anything with #BegHarder or #WhineHarder or #ClapHarder.

Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I'm convinced!

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
exactly what i was thinking...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wait....wait....wait.....I thought the thread was a joke. Was ZooCougar being serious??? :confused:

Thursday against UMass can't come fast enough. I can't tell reality from fantasy anymore...

Reaction Score
Wait....wait....wait.....I thought the thread was a joke. Was ZooCougar being serious??? :confused:

Thursday against UMass can't come fast enough. I can't tell reality from fantasy anymore...

I was being super cereal.

CL82

Reaction Score
I thought it was a voice over for a movie trailer...

Things are happening..... this time it's real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom