Thieves in Blue lot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thieves in Blue lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They allow coolers on planes? Look out for the "Cooler Bomber"

Reaction Score
There's only about a bazillion EH cops doing traffic and a gazillion sp roaming around the stadium. One new guy walking around would probably curb most of that. That being said, everyone just lock your stuff up and most of the problems disappear. I hate to have to do it, I'd rather be all trusting, but yep, bad eggs everywhere. Please report it to the school and complain about the security. (don't bother with the pd). Never know, I am fairly certain that the school has the pull to put some badges in the lots. They're writing their OT checks, after all. Matter of fact, I'll write an email about my concerns right now. I'm sure they'd love to hear from all of you how they can make the rent more fan friendly.

Paul.Pendergast@uconn.edu
Susan.herbst@uconn.edu
Things may have changed but when the Rent first opened up there was a big pissing match between the state police union and the EHPD union over who gets the OT. It was determined that there had to be X amount of state police in the stadium for any event. This is one of the things that is the cause for the high price of holding high school games at the Rent. It was also determined that the state police would handle traffic for the parking lot and EHPD would control the traffic on the local streets. I am not sure but is it possible that the state police that are patrolling the parking lot during the tailgating move inside the staduim during the game? If that is the case can't you just move the EHPD that were doing the local street traffic to the parking lots during the games?

Reaction Score
Surprised no one mentioned the possibility that the person who stole the cooler didn't even go to the game, or plan on it. It's incredibly possible its not football fans doing this.

In Red I would instantly peg students or younger folks like myself...but in blue? Seems less likely imo...

Reaction Score
Hey Joe thanks for posting this. I was about to as well. It really puts a damper on the tailgate to come back and find that. It takes some cajones to drag out 3 full coolers. Also we are not on the fringes of blue lot either usually in the first couple of rows by Gate C, I sent an e-mail to the president and athletic offices as well. will see you at the next game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The loss wasn't bad enough, but we returned to find three coolers had been taken by some scumbags, Jimmy Bennett's dad lost one, myself, and my friend who had never been to the Rent before. Nice welcome. Hurts more when it is your own people doing this sort of thing.

I am sure folks want to know how my son felt after the fumble. He felt pretty bad, he was trying to make it to the end zone, took his arm off the ball to stiff arm one guy, never saw the other two defenders. He will learn, he knows better. Almost always happens when you are trying to get those extra yards. Both hands on the ball son.

Mistakes happen. I'll never boo any kid out there playing hard and representing UConn. I'm sure nobody in the stadium felt worse than he did, hope he comes back from it stronger. Sorry to hear about the theft too. Some UConn fans truly are scumbags who just get drunk and destructive. Hopefully President Herbst can further address this issue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't help but be impressed. I'm sure she's got a lot going on, but that's great of her to respond so quickly.
Agree.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can't help but be impressed. I'm sure she's got a lot going on, but that's great of her to respond so quickly.

Um, I'm a clown at an insurance company and I have someone that checks my email and writes back things like that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As far as who did it, it probably wasn't a fan of any type - it was probably just local vagrants.

If someone was taking bets, I'd certainly wager they had cover from inside the parking organization.

Reaction Score
Um, I'm a clown at an insurance company and I have someone that checks my email and writes back things like that.

Nostical emailed her on a Sunday (forgot the issue) and she emailed back right away. They conversed online, got others involved throughout the day and solved it that day. Took most of SUNDAY to get it straight.

JH was the same with me. He even called me 5 minutes after email was sent to him.

I told him to hire Palatine as our special teams coach. He said he'd consider it. Never responded to my emails ever again.

Reaction Score
For those of you clamoring for more security (and it is needed) when I told my two granddaughters, ages 8 and 9, that Joe had some coolers stolen, they said "maybe it was the security men who took them" lol.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For those of you clamoring for more security (and it is needed) when I told my two granddaughters, ages 8 and 9, that Joe had some coolers stolen, they said "maybe it was the security men who took them" lol.

Smart kids.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nostical emailed her on a Sunday (forgot the issue) and she emailed back right away. They conversed online, got others involved throughout the day and solved it that day. Took most of SUNDAY to get it straight.

JH was the same with me. He even called me 5 minutes after email was sent to him.

I told him to hire Palatine as our special teams coach. He said he'd consider it. Never responded to my emails ever again.

That's great. You don't really know if you are emailing with who you think is emailing you though. I honestly hope that the president of the university is working on more important things than coolers getting stolen in the parking lot.

Reaction Score
The fumble: Nobody feels worse about a turnover than the kid who turned the ball over. He will learn from it, I am sure. He just needs to put it behind him. As the late Sparky Anderson once quipped, "Never let yeserday take up too much of today". On to WVU.

Unfortunately theft of tailgate equipment/flags has been pretty common at the Rent. It drives me crazy. When people ask why I enjoy tailgating so much, I tell them part of it is the people. Everyone I have encountered while tailgating has been friendly, everyone offers to share food and drink. It's just great. And then you have some knuckleheads who think it is alright to steal things from people. Things that people paid for with their money. I have had food, coolers, and other things stolen from my tailgate. Why do people think they have the right to take others property.

Police presence, unfortunately, needs to be beefed up, and they need to walk around the tailgate areas. Especially during games. THis lets the would be crooks know there are police patrolling at all times.

Reaction Score
sounds like rentschler has a security issue. we have had two separate grills stolen (both fire and ice grills), two different years. the first time it happened, we thought it was like getting struck by lightning. the second time it happened, we obviously knew better, but the cooler was too hot to pack in the car, so we tried to hide it under the carriage. needless to say we don't leave things lying around any longer. it really is a shame.

Reaction Score
Either way the police chiefs clown then promptly returned the email promising a follow up.

Reaction Score
I've had coolers & chairs stolen in the past. Maybe they should take the security guard who was checking tickets at the top of my section & send him outside. Has the Rent really reached the point where tix have to be checked to get into the 100's? If anything, send people down to fill the empty seats!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I am sure folks want to know how my son felt after the fumble. He felt pretty bad, he was trying to make it to the end zone, took his arm off the ball to stiff arm one guy, never saw the other two defenders. He will learn, he knows better. Almost always happens when you are trying to get those extra yards. Both hands on the ball son.
Can't fault him for what he was trying to do. The most important thing is to learn and move on. Sorry to hear about your tailgate gear.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not sure why people assume that it's UConn"fans" doing this. How hard is it for a local kid or two to drive to the stadium, wait until people go inside and then drive off with some loot? It's nearly impossible to police, which is why people need to lock up everything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So you are telling me that the university has attained responsiveness of of insurance clowns? That's a huge step up!

thumbnail.aspx

(A noble profession by the way, who else would cheer up insurance guys?)​

Reaction Score
The loss wasn't bad enough, but we returned to find three coolers had been taken by some scumbags, Jimmy Bennett's dad lost one, myself, and my friend who had never been to the Rent before. Nice welcome. Hurts more when it is your own people doing this sort of thing.

Hey, sorry about the theft. There are balloon knots everywhere. I lock my car because of it. Your son. Is a great asset. Everyone, everyone, (speaking for myself mostly) makes mistakes. No one blames him for this loss. No one. They should throw to him more often. A lot more. If they had, we would have won. The kid is a warrior.

Reaction Score
Whaler said it may not be the person you think it is responding to those emails.

Well Whaler, while I'm sure that's often the case, when I emailed her on a Sunday Morning in August about the botched new football commercial (BSC--Winnest), not only did she respond within minutes, I was called by Mike Enright (UConn communications director) and received an email from him at noon and a long explanatory wrap-up email at 10:38pm that same Sunday night. That doesn't sound like it was the product of a shadow email responder for Ms Herbst. Do you think Enright engages me so thoroughly, and feels compelled to do it on a Sunday, without Herbst's personal involvement?
Susan Herbst is an extraordinary leader and administrator. My encounter with her was an eye-opening signal that a new sheriff was in town and the sleepy, non-respondent, non-performing folks at UConn would either be changing their perspectives or out the door. It wasn't long before Hathaway was dismissed. I'd say we've had a seismic culture adjustment in Storrs. Having dealt with both Austin and Hogan I can report that the difference is night and day. I can only smile when I think of how she must really feel about a guy like Marinnato. That's also why my money is on her to lead us to a soft landing when the dust settles on conference realignment

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler said it may not be the person you think it is responding to those emails.

Well Whaler, while I'm sure that's often the case, when I emailed her on a Sunday Morning in August about the botched new football commercial (BSC--Winnest), not only did she respond within minutes, I was called by Mike Enright (UConn communications director) and received an email from him at noon and a long explanatory wrap-up email at 10:38pm that same Sunday night. That doesn't sound like it was the product of a shadow email responder for Ms Herbst. Do you think Enright engages me so thoroughly, and feels compelled to do it on a Sunday, without Herbst's personal involvement?
Susan Herbst is an extraordinary leader and administrator. My encounter with her was an eye-opening signal that a new sheriff was in town and the sleepy, non-respondent, non-performing folks at UConn would either be changing their perspectives or out the door. It wasn't long before Hathaway was dismissed. I'd say we've had a seismic culture adjustment in Storrs. Having dealt with both Austin and Hogan I can report that the difference is night and day. I can only smile when I think of how she must really feel about a guy like Marinnato. That's also why my money is on her to lead us to a soft landing when the dust settles on conference realignment

You may or may not have been talking to her, but if you don't think people jump when the boss' assistant assigns them something I don't know what to tell you.

So yes, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Enright would engage you the same way if it was something delegated by someone like Herbst's chief of staff.

If people really think it's a great idea for the President of the University to be involved in correcting an issue like coolers getting stolen from the parking lot, then the organization is so screwed up it can't be saved.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
add this to the list of stolen things from this weekend. directional michigan stole uconns lunch money.

Reaction Score
Well Whaler we'll never know, but the fact that Enright didn't wait for Monday tells me that whether it was Herbst or her designee, it would have never happened with either Austin or Hogan. And that's really the point here. She has shaken up the lethargic and non-responsive and has everyone a little lighter on their feet. And that's good for all of us.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well Whaler we'll never know, but the fact that Enright didn't wait for Monday tells me that whether it was Herbst or her designee, it would have never happened with either Austin or Hogan. And that's really the point here. She has shaken up the lethargic and non-responsive and has everyone a little lighter on their feet. And that's good for all of us.

Yes hopefully it translates in the one thing that matters most athletically - conference affiliation. I'll donate a cooler a season to be in a legitimate league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom