They still love us! | The Boneyard

They still love us!

Reaction Score
Latest bracketology from the Athletic. Get to MSG and anything is possible...

1676646185350.png

Reaction Score
Get to MSG with a strong finish and BET. UConn nation will absolutely dominate the venue. It will be a home game for all intents and purposes.
The schedule sets up to potentially put us on a heater going into BET. Could jump another seed line or 2 depending on our finish. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
We just moved up to #5 on KenPom this morning.

View attachment 84180
In the FWIW department…
Interestingly, John Gasaway noted in March 2022 that 16 of the past 19 national champions ranked in the top six at KenPom the day after selection Sunday. This includes 2022 national champion Kansas, which was slotted at No. 6 headed into the NCAA Tournament, making it 17 out of 20. UConn in 2011 and 2014 provides two of the exceptions, neither of which reached the top six, while Syracuse in 2003 entered the tournament down at No. 20.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Absolutely not. Last I went to was @ MSG vs. Cuse in Hurley's first year. The place was a sea of national flag blue.
It was a good crowd we were hungry for a win after KO mess. I was at that game, but I was at BET last year too, we were ok, we did not dominate. I'll call a spade a spade when I see it. We weren't heads and shoulders above 3-4 fanbases last year. And I think Nova was actually a touch better.

With our front running fan base, I have no doubt that if we were in the sweet 16 and Elite 8 at MSG this year we would swarm the place, but I dont think we will dominate the BET.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You guys need to stop worrying about region we are predicted to be in. If we aren’t a #1 seed it’s unlikely we will be in the East.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about how they do their math but it seems to be heavily reliant on close road losses and our OOC record. since the BE coaches have shown the world how to play D against us, thoseOOC wins are overrated imo. the BE except for us had a poor OOC…I don’t think those teams suddenly got great because they beat UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You guys need to stop worrying about region we are predicted to be in. If we aren’t a #1 seed it’s unlikely we will be in the East.
That's not true really. There aren't very many strong teams in the east this year.

Unless UConn poops the bed from here on out, I think a 3 seed is certainly still on the table given the metrics. Win the BET and maybe a 2 seed. So much parity I don't know how anybody projects a bracket.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It was a good crowd we were hungry for a win after KO mess. I was at that game, but I was at BET last year too, we were ok, we did not dominate. I'll call a spade a spade when I see it. We weren't heads and shoulders above 3-4 fanbases last year. And I think Nova was actually a touch better.

With our front running fan base, I have no doubt that if we were in the sweet 16 and Elite 8 at MSG this year we would swarm the place, but I dont think we will dominate the BET.
Manhattan villanova suits are a very real thing. eyetest, no facts.
and, more analysis paralysis and big league beagling:
The metrics say UConn men’s basketball is still elite
not to say that we aren't 'elite' this season, just to say that this constant metric stuff is tiring. here's a silly one. i call it 'when data dorks run wild.'
apparently, and even after noting in the intro that UConn won 2 titles in the decade, their 'metric' has us around 45th for 'best teams' in that decade. insaneorama, but the metric proves it!
AP Poll College Basketball Rankings Final Top 25: 2010 to 2019
ya, umm no. i got ur 'metrics' right here, faddah.

Reaction Score
In the FWIW department…
Interestingly, John Gasaway noted in March 2022 that 16 of the past 19 national champions ranked in the top six at KenPom the day after selection Sunday. This includes 2022 national champion Kansas, which was slotted at No. 6 headed into the NCAA Tournament, making it 17 out of 20. UConn in 2011 and 2014 provides two of the exceptions, neither of which reached the top six, while Syracuse in 2003 entered the tournament down at No. 20.
Syracuse ruins anything cool.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That's not true really. There aren't very many strong teams in the east this year.

Unless UConn poops the bed from here on out, I think a 3 seed is certainly still on the table given the metrics. Win the BET and maybe a 2 seed. So much parity I don't know how anybody projects a bracket.
The committee won’t do that to #1 protected seed by throwing UConn in the east region with them. It happened to Villanova last year.

Regardless I hope I’m wrong.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Yeah last year's Seton Hall game our crowd was OK, not great. Every other time I've been there lately it's been a huge UConn crowd.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yeah last year's Seton Hall game our crowd was OK, not great. Every other time I've been there lately it's been a huge UConn crowd.

Nova, PC, and Creighton ( kudos to that fanbase for making that trek) all turned out very well last year for the BET. So did UConn. But we definitely didn't "own" MSG.

Reaction Score

That was my experience as well. Walking around town, and at my hotel there were tons of Providence fans, and when we played Nova I thought their fans were louder than us.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It still starts with winning the first game of the dance and until DH can do that it doesn’t matter where they play

August_West

Reaction Score
Good ol' Bill Walton: "Joe Lunardi is a troll"

As usual Bill is on the money. I mean I don't agree with him about the PAC12 being conference of champions. But that his homestead. Nobody pays Bill to be impartial. I don't think you could pay Bill to be impartial .

His take on Lunardi is funny though and kinda true, the service Lunardi provides is trolling by nature. I don't know if Lunardi is a troll personally because I don't know him personally, but intentional or not, Lunardi trolls.

Reaction Score
As usual Bill is on the money. I mean I don't agree with him about the PAC12 being conference of champions. But that his homestead. Nobody pays Bill to be impartial. I don't think you could pay Bill to be impartial .

His take on Lunardi is funny though and kinda true, the service Lunardi provides is trolling by nature. I don't know if Lunardi is a troll personally because I don't know him personally, but intentional or not, Lunardi trolls.
I have no idea of the credulity of Lunardi's predictions but Bill Walton is my hero. Speak your mind man and to hell with the fallout. Pac 12 probably does suck at this point but Bill wants his Pac 12 to remain in tact and he's doing what he can. And he has absolutely nothing to lose at this point in his life. Just keep Truckin'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom