They really are competitive, lol | The Boneyard

They really are competitive, lol

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I worked in an Italian restaurant when I was in Junior and High School, learned to make lasagna, chicken cacciatore, spaghetti alla caruso and other dishes. When I got promoted to SGT in Northwest Germany I had a promotion party at my military housing quarters. My whole SSA office and some from the Group command was there. The Group Commander's wife loved everything and asked me who did the cooking, she was shocked when I told her I did. She then asked if I could do something for the next Officer's & Senior Enlisted wife's club meeting. I told I would have to be able to get some time off from duties to be able to do it. She then looked at her husband, he immediately stated that I will get the time off.

After catering the club at their quarters, as I was cleaning up everything she came in and gave me a check for $400.00 and said this should cover everything from the food and services. I ended up doing a few parties on the side over the next 2 years. Most of them on weekends so I didn't have to get time off of work. Sometimes my German wife would add some German dishes and deserts, the biggest party that we did together was the same Group Commander's going away party held at the all ranks club.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's pretty cool. They have their own little global melting pot right there in Storrs. It's amazing how many UCONN players have now traveled the world playing basketball. Now these girls are getting a jump on all of that by interacting with people from other Countires in college. Awesome experience for these young women.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
There are a few Hungarian dishes I love. Rakott Krumpli is my favorite; will have to do that soon. I do lots of Mexican; have some Canadian heritage, and know some French dishes. I must admit I don't know anything about Croatian food. Hmm; I'll have to look it up.

Reaction Score
Ich habe von 1973-76 in Bielefeld, Kaiserslautern und Solingen gearbeitet. Bist du in der Nahe gewesen? Ich dachte dass Nordwest Deutschland in der Englische Zone war. Jetzt besuche Ich Munchen fur die Musik und Das Bier!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom