They must not teach math at Villanova | The Boneyard

They must not teach math at Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Anyone see the end of the Villanova/Santa Clara game? Wright thought he had a foul to give up 3 with 10 seconds left, when in fact he didn't. Fouls Santa Clara with 7.5 seconds left, they hit both, then Nova barely hits rim on its foul shot. To make the choke complete, Villanova then fouls Santa Clara about 80 feet from the basket with 4.5 seconds left, and SCU buries both for the 65-64 win.

The scoreboard had it wrong too, which goes partly on the refs, but someone on the staff is supposed to be tracking fouls and timeouts. That is a big loss for a team like Nova that could really need this win come March.

Reaction Score
Anyone see the end of the Villanova/Santa Clara game? Wright thought he had a foul to give up 3 with 10 seconds left, when in fact he didn't. Fouls Santa Clara with 7.5 seconds left, they hit both, then Nova barely hits rim on its foul shot. To make the choke complete, Villanova then fouls Santa Clara about 80 feet from the basket with 4.5 seconds left, and SCU buries both for the 65-64 win.

The scoreboard had it wrong too, which goes partly on the refs, but someone on the staff is supposed to be tracking fouls and timeouts. That is a big loss for a team like Nova that could really need this win come March.
I saw it and have never ever seen anything quite like it. It was bizarre to say the least. Imagine losing an NCAA tourney game like that.

Reaction Score
Wow!! Really strange if it happened to us I would be livid. Blaming everybody from the scorekeepers, refs,coaches , my grandmother and my dog.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wow!! Really strange if it happened to us I would be livid. Blaming everybody from the scorekeepers, refs,coaches , my grandmother and my dog.

I have never seen this particular problem, where the scoreboard showed 5 team fouls but there were really 6. I would be ballistic if I was Jay Wright. This is a pretty fundamental screwup by the officials, and is legitimate chair throwing time, and up there with the refs bolting early during the BET Rutgers/SJU game last year. Still, he has to know the foul/timeout situation.

I have seen maybe twice in my life a game where the scoreboard was showing another timeout and the coach tried to call it but didn't have it. If memory serves in those cases, the officials did not charge him with a T, but simply restarted play right away.

Reaction Score
Could really be costly for Villanova when the committee comes a calling in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom