They just aren't ready yet | The Boneyard

They just aren't ready yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Roles haven't been defined for the younger players and KO is still trying to find the right combinations. We have players like Purvis who are loaded with talent and can dominate on any given night. The problem is when they are off (which is about half the games) we seem to have trouble adjusting and finding other options.. Is this on the coaching staff? Some of it is on them for sure but a lot of it is on the players.
All the different combinations do nothing to help. They'll get it eventually.

Reaction Score
Bet you used the ol' dog ate my homework excuse in school didn't you? We just lost to Wagner and Northeastern. Ready or not ready those were 2 awful losses that should not have happened. Ever. I don't know what is worse, UConn's play to date or the extent some people will go to to excuse it.

Reaction Score
I see their not ready to beat Wagner and Northeastern.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Like the honey badger...the Tournament Selection Committee don't care.

Reaction Score
Roles haven't been defined for the younger players and KO is still trying to find the right combinations. We have players like Purvis who are loaded with talent and can dominate on any given night. The problem is when they are off (which is about half the games) we seem to have trouble adjusting and finding other options.. Is this on the coaching staff? Some of it is on them for sure but a lot of it is on the players.
All the different combinations do nothing to help. They'll get it eventually.
Purvis "loaded w talent"? Exactly what talent is he loaded with? Can't drive, can't finish, at best a streaky outside shooter, doesn't understand the dimensions of a basketball court.....seriously, what basketball talent is he loaded with? I'm not saying he's awful, but if he is our most talented player, than no wonder we're in the funk we are.

Reaction Score
Bet you used the ol' dog ate my homework excuse in school didn't you? We just lost to Wagner and Northeastern. Ready or not ready those were 2 awful losses that should not have happened. Ever. I don't know what is worse, UConn's play to date or the extent some people will go to to excuse it.
Nobody is excusing anything but the sky hasn't fallen yet. Well your sky falls easily and you have a tendency to disappear when we play well. I'm just surprised that it took you this long to show up.

Reaction Score
Purvis "loaded w talent"? Exactly what talent is he loaded with? Can't drive, can't finish, at best a streaky outside shooter, doesn't understand the dimensions of a basketball court.....seriously, what basketball talent is he loaded with? I'm not saying he's awful, but if he is our most talented player, than no wonder we're in the funk we are.
Purvis is a free safety playing basketball. Has no handle. And for all his athleticism he is not a great defender.

We all got sucked in by KO's Ferrari talk.

Can he get hot from 3, Sure. But the next time down the court he'll catch a pass while out of bounds on a crucial possession.

Looks like a better player physically than he turned out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom