AO - boxing out
Scoe- boxing out
Lamb -staying focused
Bazz - penetrate and dish
Boat - calm and self controlled
Team-alertness and energy for the full 40

Reaction Score
Scoe-free throws
Lamb-working on the infamous floater that helped us win the championship last year
alex-staying out of foul trouble
boat-resting his hand because it clearly bothered him today

Reaction Score
It really is as simple as that. If EACH player can work on ONE thing to improve, we go from being a good team to a great one.

Reaction Score
Scoe-free throws
Lamb-working on the infamous floater that helped us win the championship last year
alex-staying out of foul trouble
boat-resting his hand because it clearly bothered him today

Lamb, the floater, his ability to drive to the hoop, the defense he played last year that won several games...

the kid is still not very physical, and certainly looks like the lack of strength and nearly 40 minutes a game have affected his play

Reaction Score
AD - Freethrows
AO - boxing out
Scoe- boxing out
Lamb -staying focused

lets get real, AD will never learn how to shoot FT's

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
AD - Freethrows
AO - boxing out
Scoe- boxing out
Lamb -staying focused
Good thing there are 24 hours in a day.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
lets get real, AD will never learn how to shoot FT's
He might not ever be a 70% shooter from the line but in a small sample size of at most 6 games making even one more FT as a result of extra practice could be enough to change the outcome of our tournament.

Reaction Score
I would love for Alex to pretend his arms are only 6-inces long. If he would go get the ball with his whole magnificent body rather than just with his arms, he would be a world beater. Same with his shooting. However, that move today was a work of art. Nice job AO.

As for Andre, I'd like to see him just work on choosing his classes for next year.

Ryan - remember your first game, when you had assists on your first three plays...

Tyler - you're a good shooter. Believe it.

Shabazz - someone has to take the big shots. I'm okay that it's you.

Reaction Score
Sorry, off topic. Not in the next seven days, but in the off season. Roscoe, Olander and Giffey have the potential to become good shooters, but they are going to have to put the extra time in. If each one of them commits to shooting at least 500 jumpers a day, they could really improve their games. One big problem this year has been the inability of a number of the sophomores to elevate their game and emerge as a reliable scoring option or player period. Right now, none of the three can consistently knock down open shots. With the likely departure of Jeremy Lamb, points are going to have to be generated from somewhere. Extra effort and time practicing will be key for them to take the next step forward.

As far as the next seven days, someone needs to tell Oriakhi the only way he will have a professional career is if he rebounds. Rebounding might get him some easy points. Forget post moves, go get the ball off the rim and lay it in. You have to go get it, you can't wait for it to come to you.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yes there a lots of things they can work on, agreed. I would like to see them continue to concentrate on the defensive aspect - boxing out and rebounding, not getting lost on switches, covering the perimeter shooters, getting out of position by going for steals or jumping too early. Remember it was the defense that made them special this time last year. It would be easier for them to work on this than lets say become better shooters in the next week.

Reaction Score
I know you are not gonna make every uncontested shot inside the foul line but it's closer that a free throw, and we expect 65% on those right? Whoever shoots those needs to do that whether it be Roscoe Tyler whatever. Last year Jamal Coombs-McDaniel did it. No one will be surprised with what we do this year either way though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Toying with the idea of JC telling Bazz's that he has only 10 shots per game before he takes him out.

He can shoot when open, but takes way too many and most are contested.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32