They Fought Through It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

They Fought Through It

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Put them with the Adams we saw in the second half plus the Purvis we saw for two years. Add in Vance and Vital, who are doing very well as freshmen. We have offense.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Understand NCAA basketball, we could lose every nonconference game, and even every conference game, but if we play great in the AAC tourney, this team is 100% capable of going on a run for a few days and stealing a tourney berth.

Thanks to this awful conference, I will not give up hope in a tournament berth until we have no scholarship players healthy. At worst, we'd have to beat a few decent teams, and an always gritty cinci team to earn a shot at the tourney

Thanks for the information sensei.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm going to agree to disagree big time with this statement. Jalen and Larrier are future 1st rounders. Alterique is a stud. Purvis is purvis - streaky but when he's on he can knock down jumpers and pour in 15-20 easily. Vance is a knockdown spot up shooter who seems to be a player who can develop into someone who can create for himself off the bounce. Vital has been a big surprise as well - strong, can finish at the rim, nice stroke. We have weapons...we just don't use them the right way when we run our boring half court sets which could be why you think they have no talent.
I was referring to a team without Gilbert and Larrier, which I think is likely, at least for a while. And if either one of them has anything remotely serious that could benefit from a season to rehab, I wouldn't hesitate to seek medical redshirts for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom