They’re ATHLETES | The Boneyard

They’re ATHLETES

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not models, not movie stars. We talk about their jump shots and rebounding skills on the Boneyard, not their relative attractiveness.

I’m sure the comments on players’ looks are meant as compliments but there are other boards to rave over smiles and hair. The Boneyard s to discuss young womens’ basketball skills. Please refer to the rules.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nan, I respect and agree with your opinion. But it should be pointed out that when the WNBA invites these young ladies to NYC for the draft, they have professionals do their hair and makeup and insure that they are all wearing striking dresses. The league does this in part to promote the players and the league to fans as a collection of talented, as well as attractive female athletes.

Reaction Score
I made no reference to the players looks when I posted the picture. I said not only were they awesome ballers, but also great young ladies and teammates. I can't help what some of the other Boneyarders said in their comments. I simply re-posted a picture that was used by the Official UCONN basketball page on Facebook.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I’ve said that Phees is a good candidate for a TV gig. I have more than slight knowledge of what it takes to work in that industry. Much like Chiney, I think Napheesa is very bright, communicative, and presents herself well on camera. I stand behind that post. And of course, she IS an athlete - a darned good one. That’s also quite connected to any future she might seek off the court, especially in sports media. But first, there’s a WNBA career.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Nan, I agree with your larger point.

Respectfully, I am not so sure you did a great job expressing it though.

First, professional and college male athletes are very very often cited for their looks and attractiveness. I am not agreeing with it, I am just pointing it out. Think about the NBA draft and how the athletes work to be dashing and dapper.

Second, these young women tried to make themselves look as best they could for that night. To compliment them on that effort and outcome is not sexist.

I think this was a special night and some compliments, as long as they are respectful, are in order.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen anyone rave over a male basketball player’s appearance?

I'm willing to bet if you look in the right places, there is PLENTY of this. Male athletes from other sports as well. Your point is taken, I think I avoid commenting on the physical appearance of players. Human nature is what it is though, we notice what other people look like.

What about all the mentions of players wearing makeup, fake eyelashes and fake nails in various threads? Some of these players are clearly putting some thought and effort into their appearance.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m not looking for an argument or asking people to explain their posts; I’m restating an existing rule. Your opinions of players’ looks are irrelevant.Find another outlet for that

Why do I keep repeating myself on things that are clearly outlined on the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom