These Two Will Give You A Headache | The Boneyard

These Two Will Give You A Headache

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Try to follow this now:

“There are passes that you don’t think I’m going to throw but she knows I’m going to throw so she knows to keep running,” Williams said. “I’m always keeping an eye out for her, watching her run the floor and (thinking about) how I can get her open and get her more shots.”

From the other side of that:

“We go through it in practice and I pretty much know when she’s going to throw passes now or when I’m going to have to sprint and get one because she’s going to throw the thread-the-needle passes that are only going to be there for a split second,” Samuelson said. “I’m going to have to be there to get it from her. I think it’s been us playing together and figuring it out, it’s been really good with the way we’ve been playing.”

On-court bond continues to grow between UConn All-Americans Samuelson, Williams

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Like the thread title!
In another thread somewhere I commented about chemistry - these two have been playing together for most of three years and it is finally really clicking. Think about that and the issues that freshman face at Uconn. It takes time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Think about that and the issues that freshman face at Uconn. It takes time.

Very good point @UcMiami . As I read people bemoaning the freshmen it is that which gets missed over and over.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The kind of chemistry Lou and Gabby are showing takes time to develop. Its hours upon hours of practice and hundreds upon hundreds, if not thousands, of passes. The beauty is the two of them make it look so easy. And its not! Mentally they have to be on the same plane every day, every practice, every game.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The kind of chemistry Lou and Gabby are showing takes time to develop. Its hours upon hours of practice and hundreds upon hundreds, if not thousands, of passes. The beauty is the two of them make it look so easy. And its not! Mentally they have to be on the same plane every day, every practice, every game.
Really good team chemistry is honed in practice with seemingly endless iterations. Lou and Gabby have put in that effort for sure. But equally important is the fact that they are great friends off court too. Meals and classes and study halls and plane rides shared build a bond that translates back to the court. The youngsters have not had that opportunity to build those bonds yet, but they will surely do so. This is part of the oft mentioned sophomore leap. Friendship builds the trust, and practice builds the timing. IMO :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway

Top Bottom