These officials | Page 3 | The Boneyard

These officials

Reaction Score
Record for college: 84 fouls, 130 FT in 1953. Second place: game with Sterling Gibbs on Seton Hall in 2013: 73 fouls, 102 FT....(no not the same refs thankfully)

So in hindsight, it could have been worse?

Who am I kidding. This was the definition of officials having an effect on the game. Phantom "anticipation" calls, running across the court to an already disapated situation and calling T's. I mean when a team scores 40 of their 80 at the line, there's an issue.

Reaction Score
Cincy made more than twice as many free throws (38) as they did field goals (18).

In the second half, they made 28 free throws vs. 5 field goals. 70% of their second half points came from the foul line.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Normally I don't complain about officials. Maybe a call or two which may be debatable. After watching this game,I swear there had to be a meeting prior to the game with officials and AAC bigwigs making sure our boys were not going to win this one. Every comeback was halted by the Zebras.I have never seen a game like this my whole life. High School, College,Pros, never.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I've never seen so off the ball fouls on guys setting screens and guys fighting through screens. Loose balls. rebounds. Jogging up court. Everything's a foul!

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Horrible officiating. They decided before the game they were going to call it tight but went way overboard. 46 free throws for the Bearcats and 25 for the Huskies?? There were a slew of really hideous calls including a crucial one toward the end (can't remember the players) where a UConn players was called for a charge driving to the basket went it was abundantly clear (expect to the refs, apparently) the Cincinnati player flopped. The referees pretty much dictated the tempo of this game and I would have felt the exact same way had the Huskies come away with the victory.

Reaction Score
Officials blew but they blew both ways. I mean the calls were all over the place wouldn't even know where to begin. I mean that jerk off who walked in calling a tee when Rodney and Brooks were jawing, rather than just say "Hey guys nothing more from either of you", instead he makes it even worst out there with that call. A pitiful decision by what turned out to be the worst of the 3 disgraceful stripes. His charge call on Vital at the end was the culmination of an embarrassing evening for those guys. I mean there wasn't enough contact and if there was enough for his stupid a** then he missed the blocking call.

I mean I am still in awe of how bad they were, laughable.

Reaction Score
Having Jalen play in the first half might have helped.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That was a major issue amongst 50,000 of them with the refs: 90% of the fouls weren't even shooting, like Cincy didn't even run their offense well, they just got to the line the entire half.

Getting a rebound would help, but I can't totally fault players who get called for fouls that way, how can you blame kids for not being physical enough to board in these insane game conditions? What are the refs proving to the world?

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
This is what happens when you're subjected to the 86th best officiating crew in the country because there's 50 other conference tournament games going on on the same day and you play in a Mickey Mouse conference like the AAC. Watching Ted Valentine on this ACC final makes me long for the days of Jim Burr and John Cahill in the Big East. They weren't always great either, but at least they were consistent and respected...

Reaction Score
It's a physical game, I'm actually fairly impressed with how the refs have kept the game under control. Hopefully they keep it up the as we head towards the second half.
It became a physical game when Cinny was allowed to mug Brimah on two of the first three offensive possessions. Neither was a called a foul.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Clark travels almost everytime he has the ball and tries to get to the hoop - hasn't been called yet
sitting here with a HS ref who is in disbelief
Not every time, I only counted five.

Reaction Score
Why was Karl Hess even allowed to ref an AAC game? If you google "Karl Hess referee" you will learn that he was banned from reffing AAC, ACC and SEC games. With a track record like that, who thought it was a good idea to reinstate him to do AAC games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom