These hand check rules | The Boneyard

These hand check rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Yeah I posted about it in another thread. Praying this is one of those that they go back to normal once real games start.

Reaction Score
Apparently they want to go back to 2 years ago with hand checking rules. Gonna slow down the game for sure.

Reaction Score
Did they change in the off-season? Some of these foul calls are inexplicable.

These refs are going to take games over unless someone let's them know people aren't coming to see them! It was ridiculous at times.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on the fouls.

But they're in a bit of a tough spot, because every complaint about the officiating "taking over games" will be met with a complaint about how unwatchable the sport has become.

If you want to really crack down on hand-checking, you're going to have to endure some ugly stretches where it does seem like the officials are the stars of the game. You can't let the officials flex their muscles for the first few games and then revert back to the way it was before. If you want to get closer to what the NBA has in regards to freedom of movement, it's going to take a while.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on the fouls.

But they're in a bit of a tough spot, because every complaint about the officiating "taking over games" will be met with a complaint about how unwatchable the sport has become.

If you want to really crack down on hand-checking, you're going to have to endure some ugly stretches where it does seem like the officials are the stars of the game. You can't let the officials flex their muscles for the first few games and then revert back to the way it was before. If you want to get closer to what the NBA has in regards to freedom of movement, it's going to take a while.

Well there was no freedom of movement whatsoever so it will never get to the NBA this way. Referee's hopefully are never allowed to flex any muscles because reality while they are pretty good calling games and keeping them in order, that's all they should be doing. Half of these guys never played the game and with that comes a robotic feeling to their calls,, never feels like many of them can ever adjust to the game. Too many rule changes is trouble and if today is indicative at all, yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom