These are the times that test men's souls | The Boneyard

These are the times that test men's souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It's easy to stand up when you win, because then improvement is fine tuning. It's harder to stand up when you lose, the easy joy of the win does not lift you, you have to have other reasons to get back up.

This has become the turning point for the seniors on this team. These are the times that define who these young men are and will be. That is what I would call them, young men, for they are not kids. They are still someone's children, but they are not kids. For these young men, they must now choose to stand up each day for the guy next to them in the trenches.

For the captains, as well as the other leaders on the team, how they react to this will show their character, its a litmus test for their future as well. They need to lead their teammates to work hard, and carry a message of unity, togetherness, and the need to keep standing up.

All these players, these men, this is their time to learn who they are as they become the leaders and fathers of the next generation.

A few on the board will recognize a similar credo but it is part of being that group of 85 every year. Line, Team, University, they are playing for them and should reflect what pride they have. The Shakespeare and Howard quotes are simple. They ring true. That is why they are posted in the Shenkman building for these young men see.

As for me, I will continue to show up, and to cheer and go hoarse yelling at the top of my lungs, and for why? To them what they do on the field matters. To let them know that it is important that they stand back up, and that their fellow graduates from the University of Connecticut know the test NOW on the field is one of the most important in defining who they can be after the walk off that sod.

I now watch for these young men to see what they are made of, not what the product on the field is.

I'm done ranting about the coaching, and the year that it has been. It's all hyperbole for the real world, for the hands we are all dealt with and continue to play. I support the players and their families and want them to know that this alum cares.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These guys are having a bad football season. This isn't the 101st Airborne holding out in Bastogne.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph....but crimeny Pasqualoni but make a adjustment...do something...show a pulse...you are killing me!

-Thomas Paine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99