THESE ARE ESDALL GUYS WERE GETTING OUR BUTT WHIPPED WITH! | The Boneyard

THESE ARE ESDALL GUYS WERE GETTING OUR BUTT WHIPPED WITH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
GOT TO LET HCPP BUILD HIS CORE OF GUYS. AND GET A RAPPORT WITH THE
PLAYERS. WE WERE PREDICTED TO GO 6-6 PRESASON. ANALYST WERE CORRECT.
NEXT YEAR IF WE DONT TURN IT AROUND THEN F--- IT. FIRE HIM
RANDY ESDALL RAN OUT OF STORRS LIKE A SHOOTING STAR.
NIC SABAN COULD'NT HELP US AT THIS POINT! TAKE IT EASY ON HCPP

Reaction Score
Wasn't it's Edsall's guys we won 2 BE titles and earned a BCS bowl birth with? I agree PP deserves time, but the "this is all Edsall's fault" is a bit tiresome.

Reaction Score
He is a duck*ing dunce. Getting outplayed on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Edsall squeezed just as much as he could out of his guys too.

We're using completely different systems and approaches to the game that Edsall used, and I think all of these guy are working their tails off, and the team, even though 2-4, is what it is, and is clearly an improving team.

I see no reason to think they won't continue to improve. They've got a homecoming game coming up in 6 days.

It continues to improve, one minute at a time, one step ata time, one play at a time, one meeting at a team, one practice at a time.

What is really tiresome, are the people that feel the need to call for a change in coaching, or a change in anything,that's happening so far.

The simple fact is that with the team we've got, we do not have lots of opportunity to make big time game changing plays and swings of momentum. We need to play near perfect football to beat top notch competition.

We were doing it for about 38 minutes of game time in all three phases yesterday.

Games, unfortunately, are 60 minutes.

We're moving in the right direction as a football program, in all aspects.

Only people that are willfully biased, ignorant, or unable to really process what's happening on the football field can not see it.

As for the line of scrimmage, aside from a very good play maker that WVU team has, we were actually dominating that line on both sides for the majority of that game.

McEntee is a QB growing through an exponential learning curve. What happened in the second half of that game at the line was no different than what happened in the first half.

What changed, was that after the fumble, McEntee clearly lost some swagger, and when we got down on the scoreboard, the pass rush started teeing off, and instead of looking down field as he was early, McEntee started looking at the pass rush as soon as he had the ball in his hands.

Bad things happen to an offense, when the QB is looking at the pass rush with the ball in his hands.

It's something that McEntee hasn't had to do yet, and he'll see it on film, and he'll correct it.

Reaction Score
Our defensive pass rush from the line was excellent we were consistently driving those WVU lineman back into the pocket with the defensive lineman.

Geno happens to be an exceptional QB though, and on many plays moved like an NFL QB around our pass rush.

Reaction Score
It is what it is. We had no established QB at the beginning of the season and the workhorse RBs we've had the last few years are gone. There's some talent on D but you can't win consistently with only D. We were bound to get off to a shaky start this year.

Reaction Score
In today's college football the name of the game is offense & scoring. UConn (and Randy's recruits) just aren't even close. Too much reliance on run right, run left, run up middle. Not enough success in recruiting playmakers.

Reaction Score
He is a duck*ing dunce. Getting outplayed on a consistent basis.
Tell me how PP is getting out played ? Did he fumble or miss a FG or miss a block on the OL. He is putting the best players we have on the field and they must EXECUTE . He coached in the NFL and won I think 6 bowl games - did he just forget how to coach and play football ?

Reaction Score
What an insult to the players on the field. And Edsall's guys? Uh yeah. And there is a lot of talent there. When did we determine that Edsall was not a great evaluator of talent? His starting backfield from last year are in the NFL.

This is what happened:
- The best qb on the roster put himself before the team and is now gone.
- The running back slated to take Todman's place could not get into the masters program for education at UCONN and transferred (And I respect his decision 100 %)
- Just when the offensive line appeared to have settled on a solid front, the LT is lost for the year.

Now defense is a different story. Not sure what the issue is there because there is more talent on our defense than most BCS schools. In terms of talent alone, that is a top 2o defense. And it has been getting torched. Regularly. Could be learning the new scheme. But the discipline is completely lacking, and for that, I do blame the coaches.

What a terrible topic. Yeeah, that is why we are losing. Edsall left the cupboard bare. That's it.

Reaction Score
The cupboard WAS bare whether Randy stayed or left.

Yes when you include the 9 out of 11 returning starters from a BCS team and with the 2 new LB's doing fine, the 11 guys on defense, who are RE's......yes the cupboard was bare.

Yeah right.

TDH......stop the attention seeking. It's an old act getting older.

Reaction Score
Yes when you include the 9 out of 11 returning starters from a BCS team and with the 2 new LB's doing fine, the 11 guys on defense, who are RE's......yes the cupboard was bare.

Yeah right.

So the UConn offense IS high octane. They're gonna set the school record for scoring, I'm sure. My bad. UConn scoring on offense. . . Now that's something that never gets old.

Reaction Score
Just so I understand, the premise of this started that the cupboard was bare so the coach gets a pass in year 1. And then he gets fired if the kids playing HS ball today don't perform next year? 75% of them will RS. If you truly believe he needs to be judged on the talent he brings in, then how do you conclude he gets fired in Year 2? My god, reading this board makes my head hurt.

Reaction Score

Yeah right.

Disagree with this assessment. We did return 9 of 11 on defense, but that hasn't been the problem other than the WMU game. And I'm still convinced to this day that we win that game with a healthy Jesse Joseph and BWW.

We were not, however, left with a full cupboard on offense. We lost 2 starting OLinemen, a starting WR, the top 2 RB's & QB's in the program, and an NFL caliber FB. Throw in my observation that Mike Ryan is not healthy and you have a significantly depleted offensive unit.

Reaction Score
I say we'd be 3-3 with Edsall. One of the two meltdowns would have been averted. Edsall seemed to get a lot out of less. PP is a good man but his detractors will only get louder with each loss. By the looks of things we are one of the worst teams in the BE. Not a pretty picture. If PP has his teams continually give up on him (second half meltdowns) he's doomed.

Reaction Score
huh? What means this?
SOMEBODY OR ALL, HAS TO DIG DEEP IN GIVE US A SPARK ON OFFENSE, OUR D' WILL GIVE UP COMPLETELY! TIME TO STEP UP,
MCCOMBS IS TRYING NOT GOING TO BE VERY PRODUCTIVE AT THAT SIZE, HE'S A GOOD BACK BUT 170 LBS IN BETWEEN THE
TACKLES? MAC HAD A PRODUCTIVE 1ST HALF WVU', LESS TURNOVERS IN WERE IN THE GAME. CANT POINT FINGER AT 1 OR 2 GUYS, HAS TO STEP UP AS A WHOLE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom