These 3 Wins are all for Nothing if we lose tomorrow. | The Boneyard

These 3 Wins are all for Nothing if we lose tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Gotta seal the deal and get to the dance.
if we win the aac tourney and go to the dance, this season has been a success.
if we lose to smu and don't go dancing, it's been a failure.
That's the bottom line and the stone cold truth.

That being said, Boat has secured his place is Uconn Lure.
He's a top 5 Husky in my opinion.
maybe the most likeable Uconn Star ever.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You're the only person who comes on here after two monster wins in two nights and says what will happen if we lose tomorrow.

1) we won't
2) stfu- and I mean that with the most respect possible.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
T
You're the only person who comes on here after two monster wins in two nights and says what will happen if we lose tomorrow.

1) we won't
2) stfu- and I mean that with the most respect possible.

I'm happy with these 3 wins. but they don't make up for all of our losses and bad losses.
If they win tomorrow, i don't care about all of those bad losses anymore.

Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine they can play and shoot much worse than today. Here's to hoping for some decent shooting and for the love of Pete somebody grab a rebound. Coach needs to think up some kind of play to run early and get them going offensively. They continue to be brutal to start games. SMU may put us away real quick if we come out the same way. Right now I'm just glad to have one more game to get excited about.

Reaction Score
Gets us 20 wins and a trip to the NIT to pad that or win another trophy. However winning gets us just a little bit more

Reaction Score
UConn now officially on Lunardi's Bubble for what it's worth....last team on "Next Four Out" but at least we are on the cusp.

Hard to ignore 6 top 50 wins....no other Bubble team can say that....a longshot to get in with a loss but not impossible.

Not going to F%&*ng lose though!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Leave it to UConn to make it to the conference final on a down year.

That being said, even if we lose a very close one tomorrow, which we won't because we are winning, this team imo has earned an at large bid. There is no way some smaller school teams already in the big dance are better than us. No way in hell. We have beaten the second best team in the conference twice, once in a high pressure situation, and the best team SMU once. It's a new season now. I am confident if you put us in the tourney we will be hell on earth to deal with for any team.

Reaction Score
If we play tomorrow like we played tonight we will get blown out. Better find our shot by 3 pm

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Leave it to UConn to make it to the conference final on a down year.

That being said, even if we lose a very close one tomorrow, which we won't because we are winning, this team imo has earned an at large bid. There is no way some smaller school teams already in the big dance are better than us. No way in hell. We have beaten the second best team in the conference twice, once in a high pressure situation, and the best team SMU once. It's a new season now. I am confident if you put us in the tourney we will be hell on earth to deal with for any team.

No one wants to play us right now. God have mercy on SMU tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Yeah. This team was disconnected and crappy before. now they play like they are a team and know why they are out there. oq they play as a team so individual failings don't kill them.

Reaction Score
Sorry but for this UConn fan I feel much more confident about next year than I did before the Tourney. I don't need a win tomorrow to enforce that. So this Tourney for me proved a lot and meant the world to my 2015-2016 outlook. There were some corners turned this week, hell even Phil outplayed Amida.

So no this was was not a "For Nothing" Tourney if we lose because all of our returning players (except Boat) did not quit. UConn ball is still alive! I can confidently say that now, thanks to the Tourney.

Reaction Score
This tournament showed me that a lot of our problems have been mental. That fight, that not giving up attitude, that desperation hard fight that went on in today's horrible game, was missing most of the season imo. I think these guys just lacked motivation and concentration for some reason. I think Ollie did all he could to get them there and it just wasn't happening. I think the pressure on them now is bringing the best team out of them.

I also just think we've had some bad luck during the season. Those yale and texas buzzer beaters, if they rim out we are in the tournament at this point regardless of if we beat SMU or not.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The NCCA is completely f.....d up if we do make the tourney. The idea is to put teams in the tourney who can win games,
not reward teams for winning games against other teams that will ever win anything. Every top rated seed will take a deep breathe of relief if they don't see this UConn team in their bracket. On that basis alone, we should make the tourney.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
T

I'm happy with these 3 wins. but they don't make up for all of our losses and bad losses.
If they win tomorrow, i don't care about all of those bad losses anymore.

That's really big of you - I'm sure the team and fans appreciate it

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This tournament showed me that a lot of our problems have been mental. That fight, that not giving up attitude, that desperation hard fight that went on in today's horrible game, was missing most of the season imo. I think these guys just lacked motivation and concentration for some reason. I think Ollie did all he could to get them there and it just wasn't happening. I think the pressure on them now is bringing the best team out of them.

I also just think we've had some bad luck during the season. Those yale and texas buzzer beaters, if they rim out we are in the tournament at this point regardless of if we beat SMU or not.

losing close games will do that to a young team.
but a few things happened - certain players got healthier and DHam grew into a man

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
WeAreUCONN said:
Gotta seal the deal and get to the dance. if we win the aac tourney and go to the dance, this season has been a success. if we lose to smu and don't go dancing, it's been a failure. That's the bottom line and the stone cold truth. That being said, Boat has secured his place is Uconn Lure. He's a top 5 Husky in my opinion. maybe the most likeable Uconn Star ever.

Uconn lure?

Can you catch bass with that?

Reaction Score
This team has been inconsistent all year and we didn't play well today. We could be due for a great game, a conference championship and the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
@WeAreUCONN , have you considered being a motivational speaker or life coach? Your words and positive focus have such great energy. I think you could help a lot of people.
He needs a Dale Carnegie course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC