There's no line for the game? | The Boneyard

There's no line for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to today's CT Post, it's shown as NL. What variables are in play to create that situation? Are there injuries to resolve?

Reaction Score
According to today's CT Post, it's shown as NL. What variables are in play to create that situation? Are there injuries to resolve?
Houston's qb is injured and currently questionable.

Reaction Score
Houston's qb is injured and currently questionable.

We will be a double digit dog. Here's the key. If the backup plays, bet the Huskies big. With a week to think about starting, he'll be a lot less effective than when he let his instinct prevail as the emergency fill in.

Reaction Score
What's our record ATS this year?

I know we covered against Nova, Mizzou, UCF, and ECU. Pretty sure we did not cover against Army, USF, Cincy, and Tulane. Unsure about Navy & BYU.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We covered Navy (+10.5) and BYU (+17.5) by the skins on our teeth. We are 6-4 ATS.

Reaction Score
We will be a double digit dog. Here's the key. If the backup plays, bet the Huskies big. With a week to think about starting, he'll be a lot less effective than when he let his instinct prevail as the emergency fill in.

Put the crack pipe down. You guys beat Tulane 7-3 (A team we beat 42-7 and pulled our starters out in the 3rd quarter) and barely beat FCS Villanova and have gotten your butts handed to you by numerous opponents. Our backup quarterback was 10-0 and went to the JUCO national championship game IIRC last year before coming back to UH . Herman's philosophy has always been "next man up" which means to be prepared at anytime.

UCONN is honestly no match for us and Saturday will show that. Sunny weather, low attendance, the whole nine yards. Honestly, most of our fans are focused on Navy.

Reaction Score
Put the crack pipe down. You guys beat Tulane 7-3 (A team we beat 42-7 and pulled our starters out in the 3rd quarter) and barely beat FCS Villanova and have gotten your butts handed to you by numerous opponents. Our backup quarterback was 10-0 and went to the JUCO national championship game IIRC last year before coming back to UH . Herman's philosophy has always been "next man up" which means to be prepared at anytime.

UCONN is honestly no match for us and Saturday will show that. Sunny weather, low attendance, the whole nine yards. Honestly, most of our fans are focused on Navy.

Thanks for clarifying that up. I thought "next man up" was a baseball saying ... Herman must be a pretty smart guy.

Now if you have a few minutes ... can you help me out with "Give 110%", "Every day of the week and twice on Sunday", and "Try, Try again" ... THANKS!

Reaction Score

It was in a torrential downpour. The same type of weather that is coming Saturday.

Reaction Score

When you use the word "honestly" twice in a very brief paragraph, it's clear you're used to spewing crapola. Go away. Better yet, call UCF and ask them how they possibly got beat by us last year. Or Notre Dame. Or any number of other games where the supposed better team got whooped.

Nah, just go away.

Dooley

Reaction Score

I'm not going to share my scotch with you if you keep talking like this.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Are you under the impression that football fans in New England are unaware of what, "Next Man Up" means? A certain coach in Foxborough, MA virtually coined the term as it relates to sports. Next you'll be explaining that "Do your job" means to know your assignment and execute.

By the way, the sun sets pretty early on the east coast. Kick off might be in the mid 40s but the sun will be behind the press box by then. If there is any breeze whatsoever (that means: at all.), expect the localized wind chill (that means: how cold it actually feels) to be in the upper 30s by the end of the 1st quarter (that means: the initial 15 minutes of game time).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

We're still going to win. Enjoy the postgame tears.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Will you be nervous if it's a one score game in the 2nd quarter? How about in the 3rd quarter? What if you're up 10-15 points in the 4th quarter? If I were a Coug fan I'd be hoping they have an unassailable lead in the 4th. After the first few games, Diaco has laid off the crazy fake FGs and onsides kicks so you know he's got something wacky cued up that might actually pay off this time.

Dooley

Reaction Score
BYU closed at 14/14.5.

Did it? Yeah, I probably should've prefaced that post with what I found in my history. I put both of them in early in fear of a line shift.

Reaction Score
Put the crack pipe down.

I can't. I left my crack pipe in River Oaks. A Rice player took it but it ended up in The Third Ward. I understand a few Cougar players and fans congregate there.
I'm clear headed now. If your backup QB starts, you will lose.

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
I can't. I left my crack pipe in River Oaks. A Rice player took it but it ended up in The Third Ward. I understand a few Cougar players and fans congregate there. I'm clear headed now. If your backup QB starts, you will lose.

You should go slug it out with the Houston fans on ESPN.com. I will go make popcorn.

Reaction Score

Most confrontational hippy ever.

Reaction Score
I just checked and it looks like the line is hovering around +10. Surprised it's not worse.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is a HUGE trap game for Houston IMO. They're on the road and will look right over UConn and our defense. As long as we don't get too far behind early scoring, and put pressure on Ward, we might actually have a shot here. Phil Steele from ESPN took us to win by 7 (watch the video). http://espn.go.com/ncf/preview?gameId=400764913

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Caesars posted UH -10
O/U: 49

Money line is UH -380, UCONN +320

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

It's The Rent in November. You guys have no idea what you're in for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom