There's a Whole Bunch of Indifference in This Team | The Boneyard

There's a Whole Bunch of Indifference in This Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This team sure does play big make or break games like it's a mid-July 5 on 5 scrimmage.

Tough for Boat. He's the only player who consistently brings his game. Hamilton makes mistakes, but they're mistakes of aggression and trying to make a play. The rest of 'em? meh. Flipping a coin is as a reliable as the rest.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a lack of intensity or aggression. It's a lack of reps at a high level in environments like this, and a couple of players - Omar & Purvis - who repeatedly make dumb mistakes.

It's not a lack of fight. It's a lack of knowing exactly how. This is especially evident against veteran teams (SMU & Stanford), moreso than vs. incredibly talented teams (Duke & Texas).

This is our down year. This game will make us better in the long run.

EDIT: It wasn't a lack of fight vs. Louisville last year, either.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hamilton can't shoot and can't drive to the hoop. But, unlike everyone else he might improve next season. If they were scrabble tiles, I'd redraw everyone else as they are a bunch of vowels.

Reaction Score
Well, barring a miracle run to win the conference tournament, that should do it for this season.

Reaction Score
just not a lot of talent or players with high bball IQ. Too many projects and not enough guys that can come out and play

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a lack of intensity or aggression. It's a lack of reps at a high level in environments like this, and a couple of players - Omar & Purvis - who repeatedly make dumb mistakes.

It's not a lack of fight. It's a lack of knowing exactly how. This is especially evident against veteran teams (SMU & Stanford), moreso than vs. incredibly talented teams (Duke & Texas).

It's not "lack of reps" that leads to easy bucket after easy bucket. This game has the feel of one of the nights where a crappy PC team would have a dunk contest in the second half after they quit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hamilton can't shoot and can't drive to the hoop. But, unlike everyone else he might improve next season. If they were scrabble tiles, I'd redraw everyone else as they are a bunch of vowels.
Yeah , whatever you say

Reaction Score
It's not "lack of reps" that leads to easy bucket after easy bucket
Yes it is. Young teams can get beat by sophisticated ball movement, in both college and the NBA. We got backdoored a number of times and our rotations are late.

That is the definition of "lack of reps" leading to easy buckets. It's no coincidence SMU struggled badly vs. Cincinnati, who are less talented but more experienced than us.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well, barring a miracle run to win the conference tournament, that should do it for this season.
you honestly thought they were going into SMU on SMU's 1st gameday and where they are 43-3 at home and win?
Did you think UConn was going to win out vs Louisville last year?
This game was penciled in as a loss at season's start

Reaction Score
just not a lot of talent or players with high bball IQ. Too many projects and not enough guys that can come out and play
Big men with offensive/rebounding instincts apparently avoid this program like the plague now

Reaction Score
you honestly thought they were going into SMU on SMU's 1st gameday and where they are 43-3 at home and win?
You're putting a lot of words in his mouth despite him being 100% correct

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Weird. He's shooting 38% from three, is second on the team on assists, is second in three pointers made and has a positive assist to turnover ratio

Reaction Score
Start with Kevin Ollie.

Problem blaming Kevin is this: at what point is "faith" mistaken for "indifference?" He has a lot of faith, that's for sure.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Weird. He's shooting 38% from three, is second on the team on assists, is second in three pointers made and has a positive assist to turnover ratio
dont forget those rebounds and double doubles

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
love it, i agree... we should forgo playing ever and just put the paper with the rosters side by side and go from there... you got my vote

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yes it is. Young teams can get beat by sophisticated ball movement, in both college and the NBA. We got backdoored a number of times and our rotations are late.

That is the definition of "lack of reps" leading to easy buckets. It's no coincidence SMU struggled badly vs. Cincinnati, who are less talented but more experienced than us.
yeah you can definitely tell the inexperience on defense, especially communicating and knowing what to do on the switches

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what happened after the first 5 minutes of the game. It was some hot mess of poor team play, poor shooting, awful defense, and poor coaching. To see them just give up in the second half was so depressing. It's been a very very long time since I've seen UConn just give up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
did you forget to put /s at the end of your statement?

Reaction Score
If it's any consolation, it really hasn't been that long.

FWIW, this is one of the first games I've been able to catch on TV this year due to my school/work schedule and not having access to reliable cable... (I know, blame the loss on me :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom