There were 7 Connecticut kids on the Defense | The Boneyard

There were 7 Connecticut kids on the Defense

Reaction Score
I give Spanos great kudos for what we saw this first game. Why? They were so frigging embarrassingly inept not that long ago. We pressured the QB, We stuffed the middle, We covered WRs, We held the Edge. And we did not earn 3rd and 15 ... and gave up 24.

And ... all over the field, there was some strong play. So ... I agree with HardcoreHusky and expect improved play.

But ... I looked out and saw: Kyle Williams (#37) come in; And on that field were Travis Jones (#57), Kevon Jones (#48), Dillon Harris (#58), Tahj Herring-Wilson (#14), Omar Fortt (#27), Tyler Coyle (#25) + two kids from California (Harrell & Morgan) the Florida CB (Paul) and Gilmartin (NC). I am pleased with the Play of all the Connecticut kids and really think the only Upgrade I'd root for is Gilmartin. Depth of Uguak, Pace rotating in - and Thomas added ASAP. There's room to be optimistic on this side of the ball.

Having CT players was often a topic on this board. We have a strong group.

Reaction Score
Yup. I don't know how much better Wagner is than Rhode Island was last year or vice versa. Except for the 3rd quarter at times, the tackling was much better. There were a couple of arm tackle whiffs still but overall Spanos and Perkins are major upgrades in how their teaching defense.

Reaction Score
Yup. I don't know how much better Wagner is than Rhode Island was last year or vice versa. Except for the 3rd quarter at times, the tackling was much better. There were a couple of arm tackle whiffs still but overall Spanos and Perkins are major upgrades in how their teaching defense.

URI was much better than Wagner is this year. Defense needs to learn how to not give up big plays. Offense needs to gel quick if they want it to be a close game against Illinois and Indiana.

Glad we got a W on the board in week 1 despite the outcome. We forget a win is a win.

Reaction Score
URI was much better than Wagner is this year. Defense needs to learn how to not give up big plays. Offense needs to gel quick if they want it to be a close game against Illinois and Indiana.

Glad we got a W on the board in week 1 despite the outcome. We forget a win is a win.
Wagner’s defensive line and linebackers impressed me. Their linebackers looked better than any we’ve had for a while. RI defense last year stunk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom